android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa View > Sansa View Hacks

Old 06-20-2010, 11:46 AM

It was fairly easy to replace the battery. The old one was not holding a charge. I got a battery from Hong Kong. I put the Sansa View back together and it has power. The blue ring is on and the computer recognizes it, but the screen is blank. I opened it again and saw the screen connector had come apart. But even when I plugged it back in, still nothing on the screen. The screen was working prior to this. Any suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2010, 11:59 PM

Good to hear someone else completed a replacement!!
About the screen... Try unplugging the battery, connecting the screen clip connector, then plug the battery in and try to turn it on again. Make sure the memory module PCB is completely and correctly connected as well. You may have to reinstall/update the firmware through the service mode (turn the view off, slide the power switch down to turn Hold on, plug into computer while holding the home button) as well. I'm sure there are instructions on this forum about that somewhere lol. Good luck man. =)

Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 PM

I see that you say everything is swappable in the view? Is the audio jack included in that? The music is drowned out by static and I've verified that it wasn't the headphones so I want to replace the audio jack to see if this solves the problem.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:27 PM

I'll do ya' the favor of predicting the outcome of that experiment: ain't gonna change a thing. The audio jack is a simple "works or doesn't" thing... only way it can fail is one side or the other being silent, or an electrical malfunction resulting in a "center channel" effect of distorted audio (where the + and - of one or both channels is replaced with the + of one and the + of the other channel)... but never something that could be described as "static".

Do you have it plugged into a power source (USB, wall adapter, etc) while you're hearing this "static" in a set of powered speakers? You could be experiencing a "ground loop" which distorts the audio and creates that static sound...

Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM

I wanted to thank Trikon and ElJohnny for these wonderful writeups! great stuff....my mp3 player is working again!