android
Old 08-20-2011, 02:33 PM

Default Clip+ memory card issue - player won't turn on

I searched but couldn't find anything on this. ~6 month old Clip+ with the latest firmware. I bought a card to stuff more music onto the thing (8GB Samsung Class 2 SDHC). I formatted it with the recommended formatter in this forum. If I put it in (completely empty) it will recognize the card and update the player - very quick since there is nothing on it. If I turn the player off with the card in there it won't turn back on nor will hooking the player to the computer evoke any response - completely dead. Take the card out and it's fine. Starts up no problem and plays everything well.

I have no interest in flipping a card in and out all the time since I have to bag it to keep from killing it with sweat on my runs (I killed 4 last year before I finally started bagging them - wish they would make a "sport" version). Any ideas on what may be wrong here?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It could be a card defect issue. By any chance do you have another microSD card (preferably, a tried-and-true, proven card) around to try in the player?

If that card doesn't work, it looks to be a player issue. You could try updating the player's firmware in the hopes that it is a corrupt firmware issue (see the firmware sticky thread at the top of the Clip forum). If the problem remains, you're still under warranty--time to telephone papa SanDisk for a warranty replacement (which the company is good about).

Old 08-20-2011, 06:20 PM

I'll see about another card from somewhere. The card does work perfectly in my Android phone.

I'll try reflashing - like I said everything else in the player works just fine. Odd.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you haven't used it, the SD Association's formatting tool often is recommended to reformat SD cards.

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/