android
Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Default Kizune UCI questions

1. What's the most common mainmenuN.swf rename? mainmenu1?
2. I can wallpaper every screen of the j3? Is it all through xml editing and how do I know the 'name' of each screen to point to?
3. I see a basic guide for Lynx on the website. Is there further information or a guide for Sense and Leaf anywhere?
4. It says I can add plugins, just the one's listed in kizune download?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

1. It depends on where you want to place it.
2. No (At least not that I know of, this was possible with Claw but I don't think it works on J3 just S9)
3. Check Kizune's website, IAudiophile.
4. Unsure I think there's some more maybe from his older stuff.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealX1 View Post
1. What's the most common mainmenuN.swf rename? mainmenu1?
There really isn't an answer here, because the choice of which menu to give up is subjective.

Whichever one from Cowon you like or use LEAST is generally the menu you allocate over to Lynx. For me, that was format 2 (Counting Text). I had been using 3 (Smart Widget), and could see some use for 1 (Dynamic Square). So I replaced 2 with Lynx.

But to be honest, once installing Lynx I've never seen the need to change main menu format to use one of the Cowon versions. Same when I was using Smart Widget. I'd select it, because I liked it. Never saw a need to use either of the other two... since I didn't like them as much.

It's all subjective, of course.

Quote:
3. I see a basic guide for Lynx on the website. Is there further information or a guide for Sense and Leaf anywhere?
Nothing more organized and detailed for these than the pictures and "quick guide" very high-level feature summary as shown over on the Leaf thread and Sense Thread of the iaudiophile.net J3 forum. There is no user manual or PDF for reference.

But do you have a particular question on something specific? Just ask it here and we'll try to answer. Mostly I've found that there is usually one key "aha!" moment or breakthrough, where something you'd been looking for is suddenly revealed to you by someone else answering your question. After that you can figure everything out for yourself (because mostly it's intuitive), until you get to the next "level" obstacle.

Or do you have a more general question on how to use a particular feature? If you read through either of those two threads I mention above, lots of people have asked probably the same questions you have. So you can get your answer (in pretty good written detail) by reading answer to questions on that thread.

But sorry... there's no formal documentation.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:22 AM

Thanks very much for all the information. I guess the forums are the real manual/documentation for the j3 and uci's. Most of my questions have been answered at this point. At this point I'm mostly focused on the fact that I want to create an appearance in my j3 that I'm happy with. In j3 uci you can set a wallpaper. I assume you can do this in kizune also. I guess alot of it is tinkering and seeing what happens.I just got my j3 in the mail. I'll mess with everything myself and then come back if something eludes me.