android
Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM

Default Album Art Glitch with an Easy Solution

So I've been scouring this forum for the past few days trying to figure out a fix for the problem I have, which is when I play a song the Album Art displayed for the current song "blinks" - it looks like the J3 screen dims, then becomes bright again. This cycles about every 10 seconds. It annoyed the crap out of me.

Then I realized what the problem was, which is embedding more than 1 Album Art picture per song; It causes the J3 to switch between the art embedded in the song every 10 seconds or so. This can happen if you use a mp3 Tag Editor (e.g. Mp3tagger v2.49, which is the one I use) to modify the ID3 tag or add album art without first removing the pre-existing art.

So, long story short - if you guys notice this problem, make sure your mp3s have only 1 Album Art embedded per song.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UETripleFi View Post
So, long story short - if you guys notice this problem, make sure your mp3s have only 1 Album Art embedded per song.
Another possible solution is to use the single "cover.jpg" album art method, which places just one single external "cover.jpg" file into the album folder in which all the music files for that album are located (assuming that's part of your music collection's organization, so that you can do it).

And REMOVE all of the imbedded album art in each of the music files themselves. This not only saves somewhat on obviously duplicated storage (since each of the multiple tracks you have for a given single album will necessarily have the identical duplicate album art JPG inside each file's tag), but really is just overall easier to maintain and work with (at least I think so).

And you never need to worry about album art for any additional tracks from the same file you might create MP3/FLAC files in the future. No need to use MP3Tag again to imbed album art into the new files, as the single external "cover.jpg" file will be used by the J3 for ALL files located in that album folder which do not contain their own internal imbedded album art in their tags.

That's my approach... zero internal imbedded album art. 100% external "cover.jpg" in album folders. But then that's my music collection, which is organized as \Music\Artist\Album\files

Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 PM

That's a much better idea - saves time and the hassle of having to editing the tags. Thanks for that

Old 01-28-2014, 08:26 AM

Hi folks,

I've been having the same album art glitch on my 32 gb J3 with v2.26 firmware and I tried the above solutions without success. I erased seperate album art on .flac files with mp3tag and left only the cover.jpg of the folders, tried jpgs on seperate tags and no cover.jpg in folders, and both didn't work. There is still the blinking every few seconds while playing the files. The interesting thing is, the glitch only effects the files on the 32 GB microsdhc card and not the files on the internal memory. Internal memory files plays just fine, even with double album art on both the tags and the folders.

Anyone have the same problem?

Old 01-28-2014, 04:11 PM

(probably should have opened a new topic)

Are you trying to update all of this ON the J3, or where you're music is and then reposting?

I seem to remember that images don't get updated if content doesn't otherwise change... You look over at iaudiophile.net's j3 forum?

I've got embedded art (for other devices use), and programatically create a cover.jpg to satisfy that requirement, but I still need the mp3 vs. flac quantity vs. quality @ 96gb. So no experience on flac art, other than a one off or two.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:42 PM

Thanks for your reply kp-j3, I'll check iaudiophile.net's J3 forum also..

I update all files on the pc, mp3tag wouldn't update on J3 anyway. I changed the files, moved them back to J3 and did a database update, but the glitch was still there.