android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones > Headphone User Reviews

Old 07-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ @ Confispect, actually your post reminded me that you too are one of those guys whose opinions on this stuff I tend to put more weight to. You have clearly heard a bunch of these things. You have an engaging writing style - how about doing us a public service now and again and posting a bit lengthier opinion piece on some of this stuff, especially the higher end models?

More feedback on this stuff is always welcome, especially for folks thinking about/dreaming about top price point items.

Great tips all for me and yes, I do plan to move slowly in my education with IEMs. Your comments about the SM3 are pretty much again what I started to hear after that first sit down listen. Have not heard any Phonaks or those AudioTechnicas yet, but I plan to.

cheers and thanks man!
-les
Two things I hate.

1. Making threads.
2. Writing Reviews.

I don't care to much for writing impressions takes to much in the same way I dislike texting. I like phone conversations plus writing about sound characteristics is annoying. Confi is a fade to the background. Not post reviews talk about it compare post more. I could care less. You can always PM. Someone with a E in his name sure does. I especially PM the ones I have a hard time getting a grip on (Joker) (Clieos) You should really make a Head-fi account there's a wealth of information you can scoop up. Just pick between the bullshit and the relevant.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the mighty fine review, Satchmo. Good to see that Nuforce can source quality OEM phones, even if they can't build amps/DACs.

Two things that are important for me personally would be good to know, additionally - dynamic range and stereo imaging. (I'm a sucker for good dynamic range, that's why I hate lifeless, anemic Etymotic phones and such.)

Also good to see you had some quality time with some of my favorite IEMs, the Ortofons and the Earsonics. Not sure I agree with Confispect's way of 'climbing up the quality ladder' - everyone does these things differently, though. I've had stuff like the SE530 or UE11 before I had other cheaper phones, and that doesn't make me enjoy these cheaper phones any less. Just a matter of perspective.

Also, you should really try the DDM2. (Sorry for all the off-topic, but I guess you of all people should be used to it...)

Old 07-31-2011, 09:35 PM

les,

First up, good review - simple, to the point.

I seem to be switching from analytical to "musical" side of IEMs. From your love of Panas, I'd suggest you try any of the following - FX700, EX1000 and DDM2. None of them isolate much, but they are all really good. Personally, coming from a string of analytical / balanced IEMs, I seem to be enjoying these IEMs much more.

Brainwavz B2 is the same as DBA-02 with a different color theme. If it's available at Mingo's, you can try it next time.

PS/OT: Confispect, I should be getting MG7 in about 4-6 weeks time

Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Seeing as there sitting in my ears i'm glad Pm me when do please.

@Dfkt, Agreed.

All in all Les however you go about doing it have fun I'm glad you get the chance to listen to them all I've been telling you that there is better. I think you would love the Sony EX1000.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:57 AM

Thanks for the review les; just to reiterate my long held view... You're Awesome.

Added the nuforces to the list of things to consider when next I upgrade. Cheers!

Old 08-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Thanks for finally getting around to posting impressions. I must say I am now curious about Nuforce IEM's. Out of curiosity, how do the highs of the 700x compare to the iM-590? (More in terms of signature and quantity than quality.)