Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2011, 08:04 AM

I owned the CC51 for a few days before I returned it. My reason for returning it had to do with build quality, which sadly was not the best. The ceramic housings themselves were tough, but the way the nozzle connected to them was not as it separated after only a day of use. To be fair, it was likely just a defective pair, and some strong glue would have solved the problem, but honestly, I just did not feel comfortable the long term durability after that. A big part of that also comes from the thin cable the CC51 uses. If it just used the standard MEElectronics cable all would be well, but instead it use a cable that reminds me of the cable used on the Apple stock earbods, but thinner and cheaper feeling. Which, while I hate to say since looks do not really matter that much, really brings down a great looking IEM. Build aside though, I the sound signature was nice. If MEElectronics were to revise the CC51 I would get it again. In the end though, I decided to stick with the A151 for its amazing cable. And the BA sound is starting to grow on me. After finding the right tips my only real grip is the treble is just too tame some times. I will probably have to look for a brighter replacement down the road.
Players: 4 GB Sansa Clip | 32 GB iPod touch (4th generation)
Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 IEM: MEElectronics A151, M6 and M9P