android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2011, 01:53 PM

Help Headphone Advice!

Hello, newbie to the forum here. I was using a pair of sony ear-phones and they broke recently. I don't even know the model of these ear-phones but I'm interested in learning more about ear-phones and getting something better rather that what they just have on the shelf at best-buy.

I am a student so I have a very small budget. $20 - $40 please don't recommend anything that is close to $40 unless it really is a steal. Please don't recommend anything over $40 because I won't buy them anyway.

Price Rage: Under $40 (US Dollars)

Type / Design: ear-phones (in ear) or ear-buds, NOT headphones

Open Style: I study in a quiet office, tthey need to be unheard by others

Closed Style: I occasionally walk with my player so they need to cancel street noise

Circumaural: I want ear-phones Don't think this applies

Supra-aural: Again, ear-phones here.

Primary Location of use: Mostly in a quiet office. Occasionally walking down suburban streets.

Preferable SQ or Sound Signature: I am not crazy about bass like most people my age. I care mostly about good balance between all pitches.

Media: I listen to everything from the red hot chili peppers to Beethoven. I love the chili peppers because of their bassist (flea). I need to hear the bass guitar. I do not need my ears to bleed from the bass drum. Again, balance of the pitches in important to me. I want to hear as much of the recording as possible with nothing being over-emphasized. The audio is all .ogg at 192Kbps or 160Kbps if that matters.

Source: Cowon S9. This a portable media player with an amoled screen. The battery lasts 55 hours when listening to music which is why I love it so. It's rather quiet unfortunately. Standard 1/8" stereo headphone jack. It also has bluetooth so bluetooth headphones are welcome for consideration!

Thank you for the recommendations / advice / suggestions and help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
advice, earbuds, earphones, headphones