android
Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 AM

Default Need Help Deleting Files From My Fuze+

My sansa fuze+ won't let me delete anything from it. A message pops up and i quote "The delete operation has failed. The Device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."
I can put music on it and all that stuff but it won't let me delete anything. This thing's okay but it has been getting on my nerves. The lock sucks and i can barely see the bloody screen in direct sunlight. The sound quality is good and all but i paid almost a hundred dollars for it and it's getting on my nerves. My last MP3 player worked better than this one. I only replaced it cause it had a short in it or something. regardless of what kind of head phones i put in it the right side wouldn't play right.
Anyway, i've tried all the USB ports on my laptop and it still won't work.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

did you try using a different usb cable??

Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 AM

i don't have a different cable to use. I may have one somewhere just not in my immediate area. Something i found just now that works is cutting the files, pasting them somewhere else and then deleting them from my computer. That works i just can't delete them directly. Weird. The cable itself is fine.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Thread title changed. Please use descriptive thread titles in the future. Help? doesn't help the next person search for a solution.

Like coachop94 my first thought would be a bad cable, the next would be problems with the file system. You can check for file system problems with Windows Error checking utility. Use the Fuze+ settings menu to place the player in MSC mode and right click on the drive that represents the Fuze+ in an Explorer window. In the Tools tab select Error Checking and have Windows check the file structure and repair any errors it finds.

If the problem is errors in the file system that usually fixes things. If not please get back with more information and someone may have more suggestions on what else can be done.

Good Luck. Hope this turns out to something easily fixed.