android
Old 07-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Unhappy Skullcandy 50/50 Volume And Music Control Don't Work

Hello, i have bought Skullcandy 50/50 and i hoped i could use volume control and music control but these do not work. I am not aware of earbuds that have their volume control and music control working with Sansa Clip+.

Maybe i am missing something?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

I don't know much about those headphones but looking at the specs page on the manufacturers site the only devices I see listed as compatible are Apple products.
Quote:
Volume function compatible with:
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad (1st and 2nd Generation), iPod Touch (2nd, 3rd, and 4th Generation), iPod Classic (2009), iPod Nano (4th, 5th, and 6th Generation), iPod Shuffle (3rd and 4th Generation), and MacBook Pro
I've never come across any headphones that control the volume and playback on Sansa players either. For control to happen through the headphone jack the player would have to have the hardware and firmware set to use that type input. Apple licensed headphones just don't work that way with other players AFAIK.

Last edited by skip252; 07-30-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:15 PM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
... AFAIK.
I think you're sure, from what I've read you're 100% correct. BTW welcome to abi Boris, I'd try to return them if it's possible and use the extra you spent to buy better IEMs, good luck

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-30-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I think you're sure, from what I've read you're 100% correct. BTW welcome to abi Boris, I'd try to return them if it's possible and use the extra you spent to buy better IEMs, good luck
Better like what? Like these?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:21 PM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris_yo View Post
Better like what? Like these?
I have never tested the Sony MDREZ36Vs so I could not comment specifically about them. From what I read it seems that the in-line volume control will work with various sources compared to the other pair you purchased, if that’s important to you. Although from what I read from the first review, last paragraph, I’d pass on these because I don’t like muddy phones with poor midrange and lack of detail. I quoted the last paragraph from Amazon.com review below. I underlined and bolded the posters opinion that made me stop reading as I do enjoy warm phones with good bass but I also enjoy the whole frequency spectrum and hate muddy phones …

Quote:
... ... ... After a month and a half of listening to these earphones, I finally found a short, sweet way to sum up their strengths: they sound good with pop, rap, and folk and not so good with everything else. These phones make my synthpop more engaging, giving the bass a clean, enjoyable sound that isn't fatiguing, and to my ears poppy vocals are clear. Rap and folk benefit in the same ways from the presence of the bass line. However, with rock and metal and all their subgenres, the bass and mids are noticeably muddy, and the mids particularly lack detail. What this means for most people is that guitars and vocals will lose out big time on rock and metal. Still, for the price, they're quite fun. I'd recommend them to someone coming from bass-light phones who wants to get a feel for what they're missing, or if you only listen to the genres I mentioned. If you're looking for something that sounds good across a number of musical styles, or that has detail across the frequency spectrum, then these aren't for you.
If you are looking for headphone/IEM recommendations, please read this and start up a new thread identifying the information we need to help you out.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-31-2011, 02:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Radio Shack sells a simple headphone line extender cable (about 12" long, although the item description says 8") that includes a manual rotary dial volume control, for $10--a simple solution (although the price could be lower, for what it is).

Tags
control, earbuds, music, skullcandy, volume