android
Old 06-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Samsung Moderator

Default New YP-Z3, YP-F3 and YP-R2

It's been a long time since I gave you the last exclusivity about Samsung mp3 players so here is one today

If like me you're fed up with the currend Android trend, you'll enjoy this post. Indeed, Samsung is going to release 3 new non-Android DAPs: the YP-Z3, the YP-R2 and YP-Z3.

As of today there are not many public informations available on the internet (but well that's logical, that's why it's called an exclusivity ) except the following ones I found:

The R2 is logically the successor of the R1 and will be available in 8 and 16GB capacity (looks like there is no 32GB version whereas there was a 32GB R1...). Colors are black, white or silver.
I also can tell you the R2 still features a touch screen like the R1 but its design is closer to the M1. The main interface is new and has been never seen on a previous model.

The Z3 is somehow the successor of the good old Z5. It will be available in 4 and 8GB capacity, in pink, white or blue color. It looks like a Z5 or Q3 with tactile controls (Yeah, it seems that Samsung definitely gave up touchpads!)

Maybe you remember the F1 and F2? "The Pendant", stylish design and compact size. Should be the same with the new F3.
It should be available in 4 or 8GB capacity and in black, pink, white or blue colors.

So that's it. That's all I can and am allowed to share with you for the time being. I know it's frustrating not to have more information and any picture of the devices but I don't want a Korean guy to knock at my door to eliminate me

Last edited by lebellium; 06-02-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I wonder if any of these are micro SD card expandable? Well, we'll find out when the news becomes available. Thanks bro, I'm glad we have some non-android mp3 players available.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Samsung Moderator

I guess there is no microSD slot unfortunately but I can't be sure right now because I don't have a picture of each side

Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Great news...an upgrade to the Z5. Although it may not be an upgrade to the Clip+.Any indication if these will be available in the USA? Cause I doubt that they will show up in Canada.

Steve

Old 06-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Samsung Moderator

Well, the Z3 looks "cheaper" than the Z5 (plastic body). The real successor of the Z5 is rather the Q3 IMO

And don't expect a US release date before the official announcement in Korea, that would not make sense

Last edited by lebellium; 06-02-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I just would like a 32gb Samsung dap that gets released in the USA. I'd require a micro SD card slot tho, unless they decide to give us 64gb - which I know isn't going to happen. Still, I think Samsung will give it to us before those idiots at Sony,...

Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Samsung Moderator

The 32GB R1 is officially released in the USA but it seems there is no retailer lol
Regarding a Samsung 64GB DAP, I guess we'll have to wait still a long long time.
Indeed, instead of increasing max memory capacity, Samsung maintains or decreases it:

Q1 (2008) and Q2 (2009): 16GB
Q3 (2010): 8GB only

R1 (2009): 32GB
R2 (2011): 16GB only

U3 (2007), U5 (2009), U6 (2010): 4GB

16GB R0 available nowhere contrary to the 8GB version.

And only 5 models are available in 32GB capacity: P3, R1, M1, G1, G70

You may wonder why such a situation while the price of NAND is supposed to decrease. The answer the product manager gave me is easy: high capacity (16GB, 32GB) models don't sell well. People are not ready to pay more for more storage...

Samsung is one of the only brands that have not released a 64GB DAP yet. Sony, Creative, Microsoft, Cowon and Apple already did it.

Last edited by lebellium; 06-02-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 AM

I'm curious to see what the UI on the R2 will be like. Hope sammy puts a decent processor in the thing.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
The R2 is logically the successor of the R1 and will be available in 8 and 16GB capacity (looks like there is no 32GB version whereas there was a 32GB R1...). Colors are black, white or silver.
I also can tell you the R2 still features a touch screen like the R1 but its design is closer to the M1. The main interface is new and has been never on a previous model.
From the images you posted I can see YP-R2A, which should means that there will be also a 4GB version right?

Old 06-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yeah, indeed I forgot the 4GB version (I looked at the Radio Research Agency picture where there is no 4GB version).
Actually, theoretically the R1 has also been released in 4GB version but this version is very rare. Should be the same with the R2 I think

PS: And don't despair, the last firmware 3.11 for R1 comes sooner or later, actually it has been released for a while ( it is written 2011.04.18 on my R1) but it has not been approved by HQ department yet. As the weather is currently rather shinny, they probably get a tan in Seoul

Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 AM

4 Gb with no SD == fail

Tags
samsung, yp-f3, yp-r2, yp-z3