thx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJinks View Post
is there a cowon male to ipod female adapter on the market
bought a new truck and of course it has an ipod dock
thx
My car has a 1/8" auxiliary jack input. if your truck has an ipod dock, might it also have a aux. input?

Then all you need is one of these.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 AM

yes my new truck does have the mp3 aux
but with the ipod input i can see and control the songs from the truck radio and steering wheel controls
the truck has a 7 inch screen and you see the songs here just like on your player and you use the radio controls to scan through your music and play
you dont have to touch the player once you plug it in and it also charges as you go
but you have to have an ipod so if i can use an adapter from cowon to ipod it just might work
thx

Old 07-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJinks View Post
yes my new truck does have the mp3 aux
This is your only option then, I'm afraid. The headphone-out of the J3 will have to be connected to this aux-input (using 3.5mm stereo mini-plug at both ends cable).

And if your truck's audio system is good, the J3 will sound superb using it. Just find the right balance between the volume level on the J3 and the volume level on the audio system.

Also, you may need to use "normal" EQ (i.e. flat) or some other EQ on the J3 rather than the same one BBE-enhanced setting you would otherwise use when listening through headphones. The EQ from the J3 may bump heads with any other EQ or tone controls from your truck's audio system and sound bad. Just back off the J3 to "normal" or perhaps "BBE", and start from there in finding the right balance of your two available tone controls (one on the J3, and one on the truck).

Quote:
but with the ipod input i can see and control the songs from the truck radio and steering wheel controls
The J3 does not support "remote control" via USB cable, and certainly not through the headphone output.

You'll need to touch the screen, or use its tactile buttons, to control it. I set the screen to "always on" when I'm driving (rather than going off to save battery life), so that I don't have to "fly blind". I like to see the album art at all times, and have the touch screen available at all times.

But it sounds GREAT through the AUX input of the vehicle's audio system, I can attest to that with my own car's excellent audio system.