roflmao! Awesome...

"Gentleman...that is NOT a panel..."
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tertiorari View Post
Played through the SP, working on the Co-op with a friend now. The beginning is hilarious, but the humor gets a little redundant after you get the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] Still funny as hell though.

I was kind of irked that all the puzzles had big honking PUT A PORTAL HERE hints all over them, and it made some of them too easy.

Overall a worthwhile purchase, but I would wait for the price to drop.
Just finished it... whew. What a game.

I think after the [SPOILER] you mentioned above it just turned to another pace, the more serious/schizophrenic stuff, like in Portal 1. But yeah, not that much laugh-out-loud stuff after that.

Yeah, it was a rather easy game, the only puzzle that got me stumped for a really long time was the last level in the chapter before the final one (3 turrets behind glass wall, blue gel). Boss battle I managed on the first attempt... not sure what to think of the stuff after that, kind of a weird ending.

Either way, all in all one of the most immersive action-puzzle-adventure-platformers ever, in my opinion. Definitely a new favorite game of mine, up there with Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil, as far as such genre-defying games go.

Can't wait to hear what Yahtzee has to say about it, in next week's Zero Punctuation.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 AM

http://fuckyeahcavejohnson.tumblr.com/

Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM

Amazing. [SPOILER?] I almost forgot that little mention to the Black Mesa that made me laugh, it's amazing how they connect things that somehow don't seem related at all, for those who played Half Life (I also highly recommend it).

And yeah, I've been waiting for the Zero Punctuation ep about Portal 2; I'm not sure if it he confirmed it somewhere?

Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Aperture Science is mentioned in Half-Life 2.

[SPOILER]:
Quote:
The portions of the Aperture Science Enrichment Center that Chell explores suggest that it is part of a massive research installation. At the time of events depicted in Portal, the Aperture Science Enrichment Center facility seems to be long-deserted, although most of its equipment remains operational without human control.[25] Aperture Science exists in the Half-Life universe,[15][23] with the events of Portal occurring sometime between the story of Half-Life and Half-Life 2.[26] Aperture Science Inc. is also mentioned during Half-Life 2: Episode Two, in which the icebreaker ship Borealis, belonging to the corporation, is said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances, along with the crew and part of its drydock. During its development, Half-Life 2 featured a chapter set on the Borealis, but this was abandoned and removed before release.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer93 View Post
Aperture Science is mentioned in Half-Life 2.

[SPOILER]:
It was indeed. I'm forgetting things... It's been a really long time since I last played HF2.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:45 PM

I've never played Portal, I think I'm going to buy when I get some money. $55 for both Portal and Portal 2.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYlt View Post
And yeah, I've been waiting for the Zero Punctuation ep about Portal 2; I'm not sure if it he confirmed it somewhere?
He confirmed it's going to be this week, in the outro of last week's 3DS review. But you never know with Yahtzee...

Old 05-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
He confirmed it's going to be this week, in the outro of last week's 3DS review. But you never know with Yahtzee...
Cool, I hope he will.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Yahtzee's review was lame. One of the worse ZeroPunct's yet, IMO - even if he liked the game. His points of critique were just too far fetched.

This is fun: http://cdn.duelinganalogs.com/flash/2011-05-02b.swf

Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 PM
General Audio Moderator

combines 2 of my favorite games :P

Old 05-05-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Yahtzee's review was lame. One of the worse ZeroPunct's yet, IMO - even if he liked the game. His points of critique were just too far fetched.

This is fun: http://cdn.duelinganalogs.com/flash/2011-05-02b.swf
I thought it was good. Have in mind that it's rare for him to review a game that he really likes =P .

I actually agree with him on all points, except for the humor one, I think Portal 2 is in pair with Portal 1 regarding that.

And yuki, that comic is awesome!

Old 05-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Well, I haven't played the co-op mode yet. His criticism that it has no replay value might be valid, I don't know.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:38 PM

I just finished co-op on Portal 2, and it was lots of fun! Me and my friend did it in about 4 hours straight. It can be a bit harder than solo though.

dfkt, I forgot that to mention that about Yahtzee's review I couldn't actually agree with his points on co-op since I just now played it.

You should play it though, it's quite nice.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:36 AM

Check this out:

Simply epic, combines L4D, Portal, Half Life and TF2 I think.