android
Old 06-26-2011, 11:52 PM

Default Zune HD Dock connection problems

So i bought the Zune dock shortly after the Zune HD came out. They updated the zune firmware to 4.5 shortly afterwards to allow smart dj and the ability to shop on the marketplace. I tried this when it first came out, excited to try it out. It does not work. I click on marketplace and it gives me the choice to search and to look throught music. Only problem, it refuses to connect to my already set up internet connection. It just says "not connected". It doesn't ask me if i want to connect or anything. I've had this problem for a while but kind of gave up on using the dock because I was unable to use it to it's full potential. I tried using it again tonight out of boredom and curiosity and the same thing happened. Also now i have another problem. I connect all the cords even the HDMI to the HD tv and the menu only shows up on the AV. It shows that HDMI is connected but once I try to it, it just says seaching for signal. I want the 720HD expirence for the Zune HD on my HD tv, not just the regualr quality, especially for the price of the dock. Is the problem the dock, the zune, the cables, the tv, or me? I know this is a long post/rant but this has been bugging me for a while.Thanks for any help .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-27-2011, 07:10 AM

You have to go into your Zune's Display settings and choose HDMI 720p as the TV Output setting.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie.exe View Post
You have to go into your Zune's Display settings and choose HDMI 720p as the TV Output setting.
That solves that problem. Now to figure out how to get it to connect to wifi.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:05 PM

Do you know that tapping on a network that pops up will begin to connect it? This question isn't to be a jerk; I'm just making sure.

If you do already know and that doesn't work, try a different network, and then try your own again. This probably won't work, but it won't hurt to try.

Depending on security measures taken, also check your wireless router settings and see if there's a setting that tells how many devices you can connect. I had to add an extra one for my Zune and you may have to also.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmaster765 View Post
Do you know that tapping on a network that pops up will begin to connect it? This question isn't to be a jerk; I'm just making sure.

If you do already know and that doesn't work, try a different network, and then try your own again. This probably won't work, but it won't hurt to try.

Depending on security measures taken, also check your wireless router settings and see if there's a setting that tells how many devices you can connect. I had to add an extra one for my Zune and you may have to also.
I would click on the network but it doesn't show up on the tv. I'm able to connect to my home network when the zune is not in the dock. The problem is that when it's in the dock it doesn't ask me if i would like to turn on wireless or even show me any networks that I could connect to. It just doesn't want to connect or turn on the wifi. Outside of the dock everything works fine.