android
Old 06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Super fi 5's just died :(

After owning them for about 6 months the right ear channel has gone. I was really surprised, I had heard about how fragile they are but I took the utmost care to pull them out of the ear via the unit and not wire and I inserted the jack into the player carefully and not pushing on the wire.
I really think the gentle act of lightly wrapping them around the finger and placing into a pouch etc is enough to do them harm (and of course just WEARING them and using them in general).
Such a shame they sound so good to my ears.
I think im getting a replacement pair but am thinking about picking up a pair of V-Moda Vibes as well as a backup.

After listening to Super fi 5's and going to v-moda will I be dissapointed in SQ? (I mean after the burn in time for V-Moda's).

Cheers,

Bruce

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-20-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
After owning them for about 6 months the right ear channel has gone. I was really surprised, I had heard about how fragile they are but I took the utmost care to pull them out of the ear via the unit and not wire and I inserted the jack into the player carefully and not pushing on the wire.
I really think the gentle act of lightly wrapping them around the finger and placing into a pouch etc is enough to do them harm (and of course just WEARING them and using them in general).
Such a shame they sound so good to my ears.
I think im getting a replacement pair but am thinking about picking up a pair of V-Moda Vibes as well as a backup.

After listening to Super fi 5's and going to v-moda will I be dissapointed in SQ? (I mean after the burn in time for V-Moda's).

Cheers,

Bruce
I was just wondering, but do you have the Super.fi 5 v2's or the awkward Super.fi's that look like the TF10's/Super.fi 3's?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

im not sure. i have these ones bought from this guy:

http://www.themp3outletstore.com.au/...e-rrp-259.html

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

They don't look like the Super.fi 3, so I assume it's v2.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
They don't look like the Super.fi 3, so I assume it's v2.
Yeh they're Super fi 5 vi's.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Awww Bruce, that sucks man...

Haven't heard the Super.fis too much to say, but some decent comments from a few folks around here re: the VModas. Though I think there maybe others you might consider...

Maybe WG, others will chime in...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I got my replacement super fi 5's vi (lets hope they last longer this time) and a pair of V-Moda Vibes Duo.

Upon comparison (and without the burn-on time of the Moda's) im impressed with the V-modas.

I was just doing quick 'pulling one IEM out and putting another in' comparisons. The main difference is the super fi's are ALOT louder, but I was worried the V-Moda would lack bass and volume but this isnt the case at all, sound pretty good to me.

PS I have a variey of tips that fit both the super fi and v-modas that include triple flange as well so i seem to get a good seal and could be crucial to the isolation issues some have. I find flange better than the stock tips, i get a better seal.