android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > MP3 Player User Reviews

Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Banned

I wish people could be honest and say, 'Yes, I'm a dumbass - I paid X amount for this P.O.S. but I've learned a lesson.'

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 PM
General Audio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
I wish people could be honest and say, 'Yes, I'm a dumbass - I paid X amount for this P.O.S. but I've learned a lesson.'
Hey ! I fully admit buying the AKG K701's was the worst thing i have ever done and they are pieces of crap!

Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
It's open again
Closed again a few days ago, thanks to one blatant shill/troll/call 'em whatcha will. I couldn't believe what a total asinine tool that d-bag was there. I see he hasn't logged back in since. Good riddance... I hope the mods wipe him off the map there.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:57 AM

He's no shill, just an abrasively affronted AMP3 owner. I don't like the AMP3 for its: hiss and pretty bad earphone performance, but I don't think it sounds bad either (with headphones). I hate the marketing. At least 2 HiSound individuals troll the AMP3 thread and I've confronted them about it in email, but they won't open up and admit they are HiSound people. Shame that.

If the AMP3 worked well, I'd actually like it because of the format which feels like a DAP/weapon - great in a fight, like ninja action you know?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:05 PM

Whiplash Audio deleted my post on Head-Fi STUDIO I Evaluation!!! in which I made reference to this thread

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewt...8a8dd962d833be

That is one way to deal with concerns I suppose but it doesn’t increase my interest in handing over $345.

I notice too that he hasn’t opened up the case to inspect and report on the chip/dac as he promised but then MP4Nation were chastised by HiSoundAudio for doing just that.

So we are not supposed to know what the interior construction looks like? More voodoo for us to believe, it seems.

If I had minor reservations before then colour me highly sceptical now.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Raz's MP4Nation blog post and the follow-up Slashgear article (which didn't get all the facts straight) are nice reads. Good to see some other people researching those con artists more thoroughly.

The innards of that "Studio" are pretty much exactly the same as the "Pro1" which uses the older STMP3710... quite the "improvement", updating one chip and the shitty control buttons, and calling the "Studio" a new player. Of course I had to open the Pro1 up now, after seeing Raz's photos. Amusing how they slapped that SOIC opamp on a DIP8 plate and then hid it under their stupid copper cap (which prolly is the most expensive part of the amp).... Also, they stuffed the empty spaces inside the housing nicely with some spare doublestick tape scraps. Pure quality.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

OMG!!!!!!!! The internals look like nothing but pieces of scrap and quickly put together connections!!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 AM

That's classic. I wanted to pry up the copper plate, but unsure of what would happen. DFKT, still want my Pro 2 for a review squared?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM

Thanks Shigzeo, but no. I think I know already everything about their players that I need to know. Not testing the new one keeps my blood pressure low.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 PM

You'd be surprised by the Rocoo model (newest) one. Its left and right channels are reversed, its EQ which goes + and - is reversed, and it resets itself between each power cycle. It hisses as much as the AMP Pro 2, has equally as dismal no loaded and unloaded performance, but is too loud with my FitEar Private 333 on volume level 1.

Otherwise, not bad!

Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 AM

Heh, that's very promising then!

Old 04-17-2010, 03:53 PM

I don't think I'd ever be able to trust anything from a company with such a stupid name.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:39 PM

After seeing the RMAA test in this review, I blacklisted all hisoundaudio products, I won't buy anything from them

Also I won't buy any hifiman series at all, because this company cheat people in the same way as hisoundaudio does

Thank you so much for writing this review, it has been a great favor for me, as it prevented me from wasting my hard earned money in a very very wrong way ^^

Old 06-15-2011, 03:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Glad to hear it.

IMO, this thread [and the ones about the HyFy shite] should be exempt for life from all Thread-Necromancy rules.

PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 AM

dfkt reminds me very much of Yahtzee. . .

Yay for old threads! That's one high THD, no?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Anyone who brings these threads back from the dead, for the truth to be posted for all to see, will be exempt from all wisecrack BS from me!!! I feel the story needs to be told, and ALL need to see it!!!

Keep up the good work y'all!!!