android
Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Default fuze+ audio jack damaged - need fix

It seems that extreme sports and the earphone jack on my fuze+ don't mix well. Now its wigglin and the sound only comes out some times.

Anyone know how to properly disassemble a fuze+ without damaging it? I'd like to take mine apart and solder the jack back into place.

thanks, and good luck to those brave enough to try ripping the cover off...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2011, 11:42 PM

ended up taking a knife to it and prying it open myself. check the pictures for "details"...

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...20disassembly/

Use a flat, stiff object that is skinny enough to fit between the volume/power button and the case. Gently pry the top part of the case away from the bottom half, and you will release the plastic latches that line the case. Start at one of the openings (power button/volume button) and work your way around until you've popped the latches and the lid will come off the bottom. Beware, there is a cable that connects the two, which is short, so don't pull them apart just yet. Fold the lid open and disconnect the cable and you've now separated the top and bottom halves. This is where I fixed the audio jack structure.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM

Do you replace the TRS conneector fr the Sansa Fuze+. The left ear is not getting soun and the jack is loose.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:26 PM

Default heat sink

as a side note: make sure to heat sink as much as you can!! my old fuze had the same problem and when i tried to resolder the connections i didnt heat sink well enough and messed up the pathways on the circut board. just in case, a heat sink means applying reverse pressure tweezers or small pliers on either side of what you're soldering to prevent excess heat from damaging nearby components.