android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3 > Cowon J3 Accessories

Old 03-21-2011, 09:03 AM

I just got the offical Cowon J3 case. Does the job good enough

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2011, 04:22 PM

i read somewhere that the ringke is actually longer than the j3? is this true? i dont believe so.. or atleast i dont hope so....

Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
got my ringke case and ringbo screen protector today. J3 is no fully protected. excellent products.
i'm thinking about buying the ringke case+ringbo combo. is the ringbo protective film for the J3 worth the extra $5 or should I look for zagg's invisible shield? Otherwise I might just settle for the case itself w/o the ringbo film if in your opinion it's not worth it. Thanks!

Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Hi all

Love the look of the ringke case. I have the White Cowon J3 and was wondering what colour case would look best. I like the look of the aqua black & aqua white cases, just wondered if anyone has any opinions which would look best with a white J3 ?

I have read that some people were disappointed once they received the aqua black case stating it looked washed out as if it had faded in the flesh (looks good in the store images I have seen). Is this true ?

Look forward to hearing real peoples opinions.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippi View Post
Hi all

Love the look of the ringke case. I have the White Cowon J3 and was wondering what colour case would look best. I like the look of the aqua black & aqua white cases, just wondered if anyone has any opinions which would look best with a white J3 ?

I have read that some people were disappointed once they received the aqua black case stating it looked washed out as if it had faded in the flesh (looks good in the store images I have seen). Is this true ?

I just bought my ringbo and ringke today and yeah the aqua black does look a little washed out, but it's not too bad. it more of a translucent black color so any black you see if from the player underneath. the fit is very snug and feels solid.

The film was very easy to apply and no air bubbles. The image quality doesn't change noticeably at all, so you get the same great quality from your AMOLED screen. most of all it seems to be fingerprint-proof and hopefully scratch proof (i'll test it and see)

will play with it the next few days and let you know my thoughts.DSC00546.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks06 View Post
I just bought my ringbo and ringke today and yeah the aqua black does look a little washed out, but it's not too bad. it more of a translucent black color so any black you see if from the player underneath. the fit is very snug and feels solid.

The film was very easy to apply and no air bubbles. The image quality doesn't change noticeably at all, so you get the same great quality from your AMOLED screen. most of all it seems to be fingerprint-proof and hopefully scratch proof (i'll test it and see)

will play with it the next few days and let you know my thoughts.
Hi Jacks06

Thanks for responding and for the images.

Is your J3 the white or black edition ? Looks like it may also be the white edition from the image of the back of the J3 but I can't be sure.

The fit does look first class, just wish I could make up my mind on the colour.

Does the screen protector offer any anti-glare ? I watch quite a bit of videos on the train into work and find that the screen acts a bit like a mirror in some situations.

Thanks Skippi

Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Hi Jacks06

Thanks for responding and for the images.

Is your J3 the white or black edition ? Looks like it may also be the white edition from the image of the back of the J3 but I can't be sure.

The fit does look first class, just wish I could make up my mind on the colour.

Does the screen protector offer any anti-glare ? I watch quite a bit of videos on the train into work and find that the screen acts a bit like a mirror in some situations.

Thanks Skippi
glad i could help!
actually my cowon is black (got it US amazon a week ago, so it's brand-spanking new).

I haven't really watch many movies as my avatar blu-ray rip was just to show off the screen. but i'll say that if you turn up the brightness to 7 (max) and as long as it's not directly in the sun, the picture is beautiful. I don't think the screen protector adds to the glare; it's quite un-intrusive actually. taking back what i said, it will pick up fingerprints easily, BUT if you have the screen turned on (even at the lowest brightness), you will not see the smudges.

anyway, lemme know if you have any more questions and i'll try and help. i'm loving the whole package, i'll tell you that. The skin and screen protector complement and adds to the player really well.

my only gripe is that i don't have my album art figured out properly, so it's a minor annoyance that doesn't hold a candle to the overall package.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Hi all

Yeah I wish I'd gone for a solid colour rather than the aqua black as it's not transparent enough to see the J3's own case. Then again I haven't seen the solid colours so I may not prefer them either. It's not a big issue though and I'm very pleased with the case which after daily use in my pocket is showing no signs of wear.

John

Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM

Thanks folkg! Just ordered from there.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Thanks so much for the heads up on this case. I just picked up a solid black one from Amazon.com for $14.99 (I'm in the US).

I've been using BodyGuardz screen protectors for almost all of my electronics, but they didn't make one for the J3, so I opted for the S9 one from BestSkinsEver for $7.99 with S&H.

Last edited by UETripleFi; 08-10-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 PM

Loving my red wine Ringke case from Rearthusa. The J3 case i got fit super tight and is very soft. I like the non stick feel. You don't have to buy it off exportprive which is international. You can order it at rearthusa.com and they usually deliver pretty quick.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ringke Case = Pass.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 PM

I just received my white case, I ordered it thru amazon, free shipping was offered and received in three days from Ca. Fit is tight and very functional, all buttons and openings are accessible. Nice one piece case, easier to hold than just the player, would buy from them again.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 PM

+1 on the Ringke case -- mine is Aqua Black, slightly transluscent. The material feels a little funny to me, but I love how it does not attract dust/dirt/etc like silicone or more rubbery materials.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I hate this thread and whoever made it -.-

Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 PM

why is that

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

'Cause that's what haters do.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 PM

Cause haters gonna hate

On topic though, I got the combo from the Ringke website and I don't think i have ever had any of my pmp's this clean all around. No dust or dirt marks on screen and the cover still looks brand new since a month ago. Although I'm anal about keeping my smaller electronics clean and well kept.

What I don't like was the instruction on how to put a screen cover on. I thought it was the screen with the blue tint to be placed on the pmp, but it was the clear one. And when I figured that out, the "de-attach" process was a long one since it wasn't working as easy as they made it seem to be. I had to use my fingernail to get it to work. And the youtube vid on the website to explain it to me.

Guess I was having a bad day. but you can't go wrong with these cases.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM

My J3 goes around with me all the time, naked and looking great. why do you guys need cases this thing is tough and can handle a beat up nicely.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Banned

I called Rearth Recently. The rep that answered the phone told me that they are discontinuing the Ringke cases for the J3 (since Cowon no longer makes them). Once they run out, they're all gone.

Unless you want black or some pastel color (what amazon has), you may want to look around. I ordered mine from export prive. The only place that had it in the color I want. Too bad it will take 3 weeks to get here.