android
Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Default My Lynx slide lock fail and fix

So yesterday I decided that I was in love with the UCI lynx and all of it's amazing features. I proceeded to use it, and it's lock feature, specifically it's slide lock feature. I was playing around setting which pattern I wanted to use. I settled on something I don't remember, and enabled the setting "Open Lock Screen on Hold". Yay! I couldn't unlock it, thus making it hard to use the player. I naturally posted to ABI under "Cowon J3 UCI (Skins/Themes)". I waited for a response, and it came, a suggestion from a fellow user that he had read somewhere that you could delete a file in SOL, but he didn't remember which one. I am in impatient person. I couldn't wait any longer. My J3 was stuck playing the radio, and the static was bugging the crap out of me. So I figured out this is what you gotta do:

FIX
1.Plug your J3 into your Computer
2.Open up your J3 folder
3.Click System
4.Click I believe it's Custom UI (correct me if I'm wrong)
5.Click the folder called SOL
6.Scroll until you see a file called something to the extent of Lynx security
7.Highlight and Shift+Delete
8.Falcon Punch the Sky while saying, "FALCON!!!!!!!!PUNCH!!!!!!"
9.Then in my case (if you set to lock on startup) find another file call something to the extent of Lynx Startup
10.Highlight this file and Shift+Delete it
11.Cross your arms and say, "everything went better than expected" while nodding your head in a badass way
12.Safely disconnect

You should be able use your player, and reset your lock settings. I know it's simple, but I no I'm not the only person who has had this problem, so I thought I'd help. I will edit once I confirm those file names, I just wanted to post while I am still at emotional high about my accomplishment.

Governor.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
lock, lynx, security, slidelock