android
Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Samsung Moderator

Default Firmware 1.25 for R0

EDIT: Modded Firmware (based on this official fw 1.25) is recommended. Check it out here http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64236

Here it is finally,
After waiting for months, the new (and probably last) firmware for R0 has been released.
No surprise here, I already told you some days and weeks ago what would be the improvements. Nothing more nothing less:

- Fix the crash with a specific FLAC file
- System stabilization
- Improve reliability of manual library update

Download firmware 1.25

Originally released on April, 20th 2011, so quite a long time ago. I hope this long test period has been really used to check the quality of the firmware

How to upgrade firmware: Download the firmware, extract the archive, put the R0.ROM file at the root of your player (the root is where all main folders are: music, video, system, pictures etc...), disconnect the player. Turn it on, it will automatically upgrade the firmware. You can check the firmware version in settings>system>about.

Last edited by lebellium; 11-10-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM

Everything runs quite good.
I have only had one "problem" (if we can call it in this way...): I turned the device on after a sleep and I noticed it was quite slow, opening and closing menus made the song jump a bit (like if the processor was full busy). Then, when the light turned off, the device resetted itself!
This is just a report as is, otherwise the R0 is quite stable now.
We must say that it is always an operating system behind everything and this means pros and cons Sometimes also Linux is not a god!! Hehe
It is really a pity that samsung hasn't included some other functionalities: now we must port rockbox on it!

Old 05-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Samsung Moderator

I have not noticed this issue so far. Still a mystery

Anyways, unless there is a big issue to report, all remaining minor bugs will remain forever. The R0 belongs to the past for Samsung now. And for us, hopefully it is only the beginning of a great future with Rockbox.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:18 PM

I'll try it soon. Thx.

Ot:
reading the Italian board (library update bricking & un-bricking) I wondered if:
- are there any reported library update freezings after uploads to SD card?
- if yes, can it be solved just by removing the SD with the "wrong" file & a new lib update?

In case - and if the bricking persist with 1.25 - it may be a workaround, annoying, to test the files before transfer them on the R0?

Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Samsung Moderator

Files on microSD are not added to the music library (id3tags sorting) so the library update issue cannot occur due to the files on the microSD card.

For the moment there is no workaround. The only workaround would have been to send me the problematic files when facing the library update issue in fw 1.23 and 1.24. No one did so that's not my responsibility now, it's too late. The issue is considered as fixed.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:54 PM

Thx for your fast & clear reply, dear lebellium!
2 months ago I've asked the Italiens there to send the files/bugs/complains asap to you for the probably last FW - no reply? lol

Thank you really for your extraordinary effort on the R0 improving, essential for all of us. You're great.

Ciao
i

Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkinx View Post
Thx for your fast & clear reply, dear lebellium!
2 months ago I've asked the Italiens there to send the files/bugs/complains asap to you for the probably last FW - no reply? lol

Thank you really for your extraordinary effort on the R0 improving, essential for all of us. You're great.

Ciao
i
Hehe gią...bisognava svegliarsi un po' prima
But now the player seems to be quite stable!
Let's hope for Rockbox port and a tool to restore the device after a brick!

Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Also if this will be the latest release, I'll write down a little problem that occurred on my R0 yesterday...
I started the manual library update (in MSC/UMS mode). After a while, r0 resetted itself (turn off).
After turning on it again, "System checking..." (of what? uhm) was going on.
Then the r0 start screen showed up with a little written "Library update".
But after that everything went ok as normal. This is strange and seems to be like a random device error but:
- before updating the library, I renamed like 20-30 songs (only filename);
- changed like 20 mp3 id3 tags
- added 110 mp3s, splitted in 8 directories (Phil Collins songs, if usefull haha lol)
- No non-ascii characters
- btw..plus other mp3 files in different directories

Just to document for an (impossible) new release or (more probably) for a firmware mod

Old 06-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Samsung Moderator

lol

Always funny to see "Improve reliability of manual library update" as firmware changelog and then someone who still has an issue with that

Fortunately, an issue with the manual library update is less dangerous than with the automatic one because it still allows you to start up the player and bypass it

Of course, needless to tell you that I won't report it to Samsung this time, I'm fed up with all those bugs and the R&D is fed up too. Reporting the bug, trying to reproduce it and develop a new firmware takes forever (4 months between fw 1.24 and 1.25) for a mixed result at the end....

I'm just so happy there are 10x fewer bugs on the Q3 and U6 thanks to their new development platform

Old 06-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
lol
I'm just so happy there are 10x fewer bugs on the Q3 and U6 thanks to their new development platform

I agree with you!

Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 PM

Thanks a lot.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 PM

well, I downgraded back to 1.24 cause a (hypothetical) decrease of battery duration in 1.25. I may be wrong, but I experienced too many low-battery shut downs - and practically no remarkable improvement.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Samsung Moderator

Sooner or later you should get a firmware 1.25 with high battery life hehe!
Check the R0 development sub-forum

Old 07-20-2011, 04:15 PM

Oh, I did! - I do check it on regular basis: wonderful guys.
Here I just wondered wtf this upgrade has to have that collaterals. The Samsung's way of, always a little strange

Old 07-28-2011, 05:33 AM

minor bug: in 1.24 and 1.25 fw the "recently added" menu is unstable
after have selected the day and have come back the menu is weird and don't respond properly

Old 07-28-2011, 05:34 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yes, these menus make the R0 crash sometimes... But well bugs reports are useless now. There won't be new Samsung firmware. All hopes are in modded firmware and Rockbox now

Old 07-28-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Yes, these menus make the R0 crash sometimes... But well bugs reports are useless now. There won't be new Samsung firmware. All hopes are in modded firmware and Rockbox now

Old 03-14-2012, 08:35 AM

Hey, I was wondering if any one could help, I updated the to the new Firmware and the device no longer works. I got it working, put some new music on it, but when it turns on it just hangs at the Updating Library.

I've tried connecting it to a PC but nothing happens. Anyone got any ideas on how to Fix it, or is it just fubar'd

Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Samsung Moderator

Which firmware?

If you tell me v1.25...

>
Quote:
EDIT: Modded Firmware (based on this official fw 1.25) is recommended. Check it out here http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64236
source: 1st post of this thread

Quote:
2.20 modded UMS/MTP KR/EU/US (upgrade to this firmware highly recommended for security reasons!)
source: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32690

Old 05-30-2012, 05:13 AM

Default disrupted download now not loading

Hi

I have YP- R0 and was loading a flac file last week, but forgot I was doing this and disconnected the machine. After that the machine would load as far as the big R0 then die, I have tried to reload firmware, and not it dies after 4% of updating library. I have clearly buggered things up some what. Help!!
I love my machine and its essential to my relaxation after a hard day on the coal face.

Tags
1.25, firmware, r0, samsung, yepp, yp-r0