android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3

Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 AM

Angry Cowon J3: ID3 details (Title, Artist, Album) change from English to Korean! HELP!!!!

Cowon J3 bought 3 weeks ago. Updated firmware to V 2.25. The ID3 changes from English to Korean sometimes. Upon reboot it reverts to English. Then upon opening the playlist while it is playing, it lists the songs in the playlist and renames all of them with the same name as the playlist. When I click one of the so named songs to play, it plays and the ID3 that appear above the alburm art are in Korean!!

FYI: the album has 430 tracks.

Last edited by Justevansi; 05-31-2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: more details

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 AM

at one point the songs look like this:
System\Flash UI\browser_total.swf

Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM

Have you installed a UCI, for either main menu or music?

Have you tried deleting that UCI cluster, reverting just to the factory contents of \System\FlashUI folder (which I think is just \SOL)?

Worst case, you can re-format your J3 (both internal storage and external storage if you have it) using the recommended SD Format utility.

When you then "safely remove hardware", disconnect the USB cable, and re-boot the J3, the firmware will recreate all of the mandatory folder/file structures and your J3 will be "empty". There will be no sample/demo files from Cowon, but it will will be ready for you to re-copy your music files again.

Assuming you have installed the US/English v2.25 firmware, I can't image why Korean anything is appearing, but certainly this FORMAT action should wipe out anything you've previously done to your J3 and leave nothing but firmware and original factory default folder/file structure.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Cowon J3: ID3 details (Title, Artist, Album) change from English to Korean! HELP!!!!

Hi Dsperber
I formatted it and deleted the Sol file and then re-installed firmware 2.25. I also read here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=62617
that a playlist should not exceed 399 files. So I reduced it to 399. It worked; I think largely becoz I reduced the playlist files. Though it hang once today during startup; the screen was on but no icon or colour; I pricked the re-set button and everything is fine now.

Thanks man for the advice and prompt response.