android
Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Mine drains the battery faster with 2.53 too, no doubt about it. And the bug where the hardware buttons suddenly switch functions seems much more common too.

You know I was wondering about that......the bug that is.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-11-2010, 12:13 AM

AWESOME UPDATE!!! thanks for the link dkft... everything is much snappier now.... and with the aeru ultimate g2 ui where i used to get a 2-3 seconds delay going into the music ui from the mainmenu, everything now goes off almost instantly a great tradeoff with the battery performance(if it does happen) i would say... doesnt really matter much to me since i charge the s9 almost everyday

Old 11-07-2010, 10:30 PM

will we see 2.54 within the next year? i mean they're really close to having the FW perfect with the S9, but i'd still like to see another FW update soon.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:56 PM

i bought my s9 not to long ago, and ive been downloading songs nonstop. i now have over 2,000 songs downloaded. i need to get the new firmware on it though. i need to find out how to do a few things before i can get the new firmware.

1. i can't back up the songs on my computer since i use rhapsody. i can't find a way to back it up, if i could, please tell me.

2. i have vista, so things may be different, but i can't find a way to remove the old firmware on the s9. theres nothing i can find anywhere.

3. im pretty "simple" when it comes to computers and all mp3s, the instructions to downloading the new firmware really don't make sense to me. and when i turn the s9 on it says its v2.21. i can't find anything about this version anywhere. i found info for the j3, but nothing for my s9.

PLeAse, someone help me. its confusing me like crazy. also, if theres anything else i need to know about all of this please tell me.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

1.) That's the trouble with those locked down DRM services. Contact Rhapsody on how you can retain the tracks you bought.

2.) You don't remove the old firmware, you just install the new one over it.

3.) 2.21 is really ancient. Just download/install 2.53 from the first post of this thread, by clicking on the link and following the well illustrated instruction on Cowon's website. If you got some issues with the installation, describe them in detail.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:28 AM

allright this helped me out alot. what does this mean on the website with the instructons then??

* Use the "Safely Remove Hardware" to disconnect it from Windows. (Windows XP, Vista only)

thats whats confusing me the most. i can't find this anywhere when the s9 folder is open on my computer.

also, if i do just download the new firmware, is it guaranteed that the old songs will be deleted? or is there only a chance it will happen. because i emailed rhapsody yesterday and never got any replies.

Last edited by mc4mc44; 11-27-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That's a safety precaution - it isn't 100% necessary on XP/Vista, but better safe than sorry. If you wait a few seconds after transfer from your computer to the S9 is completed, nothing should go wrong.

In Windows Explorer, in the left column, just right-click on your S9 and choose "eject" (or whatever it's called on English Windows). Alternatively, find the icon with the green arrow in your task bar, at the bottom right of your monitor. You should find the S9 there as well to eject.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:47 PM

Does anyone have a problem where their player does shut down after this upgrade?

I'm just using Claw's UI and his lock-screen widget, nothing else.

After updating to 2.53 firmware, with Claw UI v3.58 it crashes if u try to shut down, i tried to patch it to v3.59 thinking it was Claw's UI, but no difference.
Going to try to revert back to 2.52 firmware to see if that's the problem - shame if it were though, i could feel the interface was far snappier....
Will update if it solves the problem, but just checking if anyone else has the same issue as me?

Old 03-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Nope not a issue for me.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Does the new firmware have all the features and such from previous old firmwares or is it basically a updated version so just download this new one and ill be good??

Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 PM

would i miss out on anything from the old firmware that this new version does not have?
Dont have to download each old firmware? just update it to the new one?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Samsung Moderator

2 different posts to say the same thing?

Improvements of the previous firmwares are always included in the latest firmware so you just need to install this one

Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 PM

ok thanks. haha my bad about the double post.
Any precautions i should take before updating? would any songs etc... get lost?

Old 05-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No.