android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrik View Post
Update:
I am now able to run some initial Rockbox code on this player. I'm using the DFU mode for this, this allows you to send some code to run from internal RAM. Since the code only gets copied to RAM, it's a quite safe method of experimenting with nearly zero risk of bricking the player. I am able to control the display (showing a little rockbox logo and some debug texts), backlight, radio, button LEDs, battery charger and read the hold/power switch, real-time clock, USB and battery voltage. This is nowhere near a state where I can play mp3's but it's a good start.

A big stumbling block to further development will be access to the filesystem on the NAND flash, because the original firmware uses a proprietary software layer to read/write from it. Possibly I can reuse code from the openiboot project for this. Also I can't seem to get any response yet from the touch key controller, the Melfas MCS-3080, there seems to be basically no documentation on this chip.
Hello! Can you please describe more detailed, how to run the test program on this player? I want to try this because i have a broken S3QR player with "works, but white screen" issue. I'd try to test it before disassembling it since i suspect it's a firmware problem. Any DFU drivers i tried do not work..

Last edited by SpaceStranger; 05-09-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: mistake

Tags
development, dfu, firmware, recovery, rockbox