android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Firmware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@ocean26:

Hey man, welcome to ABi - for me, very sorry I got to this post late, but delighted you figured stuff out on your own. Nice job and enjoy your Fuze with Rockbox!

Some tips FWIW:
- most Fuze owners generally make sure to use ONLY MSC mode when connecting to a computer. Best thing to remember is to choose a mode [in this case, MSC, which I also feel is the easiest and best way to connect] and STICK WITH IT. There are well documented issues that have caused endless frustrations for people who do stuff like put music on their Fuze/Clip/+ in MSC mode, then a few days later change to MTP or AutoDetect, only to find that it seems all their music disappeared.

The music did NOT disappear - instead, the player is unable to communicate these players are unable to communicate that fact when using different USB connection modes.

- Rockbox will do so many awesome things for your Fuze. BUT, you will be best served by doing more than a light skim of the Rockbox manual to get a feel for the basic functions, how to navigate around Rockbox and how to tailor it to fit your needs.

cheers and thanks for posting both your issue and your solutions - indeed folks will benefit from your experience,
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Tags
fuze, stuck