android
Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 AM

Default Brainwavz M1 Vs. Maximo imetal im-590

what are your impressions on these IEMs? which one has better sound quality (treble, mids, and quantity and quality of bass), better build quality, and a better accesory pack?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

check out this thread...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...5#post_7348964

Old 05-01-2011, 12:04 PM

thank you, i read that. it seems that the maximo has similar and comparable sound, so i might just get the im-590s because i cant find the brainwavz anywhere. I read some reviews that the maximo's braided cord was bad and not durable. but then i read that they updated the design so the internal wire did not poke through. do you think these: http://www.amazon.com/iM-590-Enhance...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t are the updated version?

Old 05-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ briant: Don't know for sure about the one in the pics, but yes indeed, they did update the cord of the i590s.

I bought my pair back in March 2010. Several months later, the fabric cord ended up kinking and indeed, the wire inside started poking through in a couple of spots.

Enter good service from Maximo.

I called them, explained the issue, took pictures and emailed them to their support area and they accepted a photo RMA procedure.

They said the issue was known and that they were changing cord suppliers - the new one would be more supple and not have this issue. But since they were just switching suppliers at the time of my issue, there would be a slight delay in getting me a black pair of i590s with the new cords. So as a stopgap, they sent me a pair of the i590s in white with the new cord type and several weeks later I also got the black pair replacement.

The new cord type is far superior to the original. Much more supple and seems a bit less microphonic for its suppleness.

I tell you all of the above simply to indicate the quality level of service I received from Maximo. I continue to feel they are quite a nice IEM option in the 40-50USD range, certainly the i590s come with the most generous set of accessories one can get at any price.

EDIT: I looked at the Amazon pics more closely. No, the ones pictured are of the original i590 cord. The new cord has one key difference, at least on the one I received.

- the plug end is now one piece molded plastic/rubber and 50degree angled plug end [a shame since I liked the cosmetics of the original one better].
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM

thanks alot! i was sad when the brainwavz suddenly went out of stock and i couldnt find them anymore, but i believe that these make up for it!