android
Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
EDIT 2: @lebellium: have you got some bad files wich brick the R0? Not to test of course But only to analyze them and give you an hand to fix this f****ing bug! Also if now finally not bricking the device anymore....but only with old firm.
I may have still some bad files somewhere on my computer that brick the R0 in fw 1.22 but this cause of the bug has already been fixed in fw 1.23. And in fw 1.23 and 1.24 I only experienced bugs when I manually update the library in the settings. Samsung is working on this issue for the next firmware. Nobody sent me bad files that brick the player (automatic library update) in fw 1.24 so nothing will be done about that issue and now it's too late (the coming firmware is already in test, Samsung complains about the weak support of 3rd parties companies and they want to focuse on the new Android players)

And as I already said many times, there are many different known - and still unknown - root causes for the library update issue so it's impossible to find them all just by analysing one bad file
You know, it's like for your bike tyres: you mend one puncture, two punctures, three punctures. Then it's time to replace the tire or the inner tube. Regarding the R0, firmware updates are not enough. The only solution to fully fix the issue is to develop a new firmware based on a new development plateform. That's what they did for the Q3. But for the R0 it's too late of course. Not a single company whose goal is to make profit will develop a completely new firmware more than 1 year and half after the product release. That would be a total no-sense

Last edited by lebellium; 04-23-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I may have still some bad files somewhere on my computer that brick the R0 in fw 1.22 but this cause of the bug has already been fixed in fw 1.23. And in fw 1.23 and 1.24 I only experienced bugs when I manually update the library in the settings. Samsung is working on this issue for the next firmware. Nobody sent me bad files that brick the player (automatic library update) in fw 1.24 so nothing will be done about that issue and now it's too late (the coming firmware is already in test, Samsung complains about the weak support of 3rd parties companies and they want to focuse on the new Android players)

And as I already said many times, there are many different known - and still unknown - root causes for the library update issue so it's impossible to find them all just by analysing one bad file
You know, it's like for your bike tyres: you mend one puncture, two punctures, three punctures. Then it's time to replace the tire or the inner tube. Regarding the R0, firmware updates are not enough. The only solution to fully fix the issue is to develop a new firmware based on a new development plateform. That's what they did for the Q3. But for the R0 it's too late of course. Not a single company whose goal is to make profit will develop a completely new firmware more than 1 year and half after the product release. That would be a total no-sense
You're completely right: time to rockbox it
So apart from the library problem, what are the new changes? (better, bugfixes)

Old 04-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Samsung Moderator

Almost nothing else lol

-Manual library update issue
-Crash with a specific Flac file
Maybe there are other improvements I did not request myself but I don't think so as it seems I'm the only one who reports bugs to them...

Other things that won't be fixed or improved unfortunately:
-Problematic safe disconnection on Windows Vista and 7 > It's due to the special USB policy of these OS, cannot be improved
-Issue in Text viewer in Russian language>considered as a too minor bug, they don't want to spend time on it
-Text percentage (top of the screen) isn't updated if you change font size>the same
-FM tuner issues: I've never been able to reproduce this bug reported by some users here.

And yes, now you'd better count on Slade than on Samsung to improve the product^^

Tags
1.24, firmware, r0, samsung, yepp, yp-r0