android
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 AM

Default Subscribing to Podcasts - iTunes

Can't believe this wasn't asked before, but I searched on all the Zune Forums for:

Search: Keyword(s): Podcast, itunes ; Forum: Microsoft Zune and child forums

And got a few matches, but none of which answered the question. Is there any way to subscribe to a Podcast on iTunes?

For example, this podcast shows up on the Zune Marketplace, but with no available downloads:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/n...io/id386003224

I try to use that URL to subscribe to it, and get nothing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm pretty sure you would have to have the iTunes program installed on your computer, and subscribe to the podcast within iTunes. Then when it downloads onto your computer, I believe you would have to copy it into your Zune software's library to load it onto your player.

I'm not 100% sure on this, not having a Zune myself.....but I'm sure one of the actual owners can tell you if I'm wrong.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Look for the podcast w/a search in the iTunes store, click on it, hit the "subscribe" button. Or, for the Zune, do the search in the Zune PC software and subscribe. The Zune, IMO, is better & easier to use w/ podcasts.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 AM

I found it and subscribed, but it shows nothing available. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to manually do it since I found it on iTunes.

I know I can download the songs through iTunes and then drag and drop them into my collection (retagging the genre as PODCAST if needed) and get them to work, but they do several podcasts per day and it would be quite a hassle. Also, my job has a block on iTunes so I can't download anything at work

Old 04-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Thread has been cleaned up. please stay on topic.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDaveJ View Post
I found it and subscribed, but it shows nothing available. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to manually do it since I found it on iTunes.

I know I can download the songs through iTunes and then drag and drop them into my collection (retagging the genre as PODCAST if needed) and get them to work, but they do several podcasts per day and it would be quite a hassle. Also, my job has a block on iTunes so I can't download anything at work
What happens is that on occasion a podcast will be listed in the Zune PC client, but no content will be available. That ALSO happens in iTunes as well. Just try to find it in iTunes and see what happens,...

UPDATE: The podcast you want is available in iTunes - go for it bro!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 03:16 PM

make sure both your itunes and zune download podcasts to the same directory

each podcast you download from itunes will then be picked up by the zune software, available updates and all, even if they are not showing up in the marketplace.

i have about 10 podcasts that do this. anything you put into the podcast directory folder will show up in the zune software

Old 04-17-2011, 07:53 PM

You don't need iTunes!!! Just go to your Podcasts section of your collection and hit "Add Podcast". Then punch in the .XML link to your podcast's RSS feed. For you it is http://podcastrss.play.it/ny-yankees-audio_mp3_128.xml

I think every major music software has the ability to add custom podcasts.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenArms3 View Post
You don't need iTunes!!! Just go to your Podcasts section of your collection and hit "Add Podcast". Then punch in the .XML link to your podcast's RSS feed. For you it is http://podcastrss.play.it/ny-yankees-audio_mp3_128.xml
THANK YOU!!! I was trying to just add the URL to the page, didn't realize I needed the .XML/RSS link.

Tags
itunes, marketplace, podcast, podcasts