android
Old 10-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikes2 View Post
Same here. Maybe this bug (disconnect/reconnect) can damage the player? I'll try to switch it to MTP mode.
Same here too, though I have noticed that after a few switches between mounted/unmounted by my Windoze laptop/Ro link-up, it eventually settles down to unmounted. I have also noted quite similar behaviour following straightforward transfers of files between the laptop and SD cards (using a USB SDHC card reader) of late. I get the "cannot be removed" a few times before I eventually get the "can be safely removed" prompt. I wonder if, following the main file transfer operation, there is some minor house-keeping going on for a while?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Anybody has some bugs to reports?
Soon it will be too late for a firmware release
I consider it as a bug that the player doesn't remember the recent playing position of files played from the microSD card. If playback is paused, the player will go into standby mode after a few minutes; if it is turned on again and playback is resumed, it has "forgotten" the recently played file from the card and playes the first file found on the internal memory instead.

I understand that it might be difficult to embed the microSD card into the library, since each time the card is removed or inserted, the entire library would have to be updated, etc., but at least the recent playing position should be remembered if playback is paused or stopped.

Do you think that there is hope to get this fixed before support for the R0 ends...?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM

Default seems somebody on HW-forum does

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Anybody has some bugs to reports?
Soon it will be too late for a firmware release
Hi!

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showth...078457&page=21
18-09-2010, 16:06
#406 spedax:
today I bricked my second R0 in 15 days... I'm trying to send the files to Samsung... the same behave with Fw v1.10 e 1.22...

Of course I have still the FM shut-downs (2-5 a day) going on, I rarely use it for mp3

cheers

Last edited by inkinx; 10-20-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: wrong link

Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Samsung Moderator

As usually I and/or Samsung need to be able to reproduce the bugs in order to fix them so:

1) I need the files of spedax
2) Do you have more information about the FM shut-down? Does it happen in certain conditions or totally at random (in this case that would be hard to fix it)

For the moment there is only one bug in Russian language that I can reproduce and can report to Samsung but that's not enough. I need more reproducibles bugs

Last edited by lebellium; 10-20-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 PM

Hi lebellium,
pls let me know the address where spedax can upload the files to.
I've asked him for via PM, he would.

ps
FM bug still seem be completely random, sometimes 5 mins after turned on, some days flawless.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Samsung Moderator

He can upload them on a website like megaupload.com for instance or send them directly to me

For the FM bug I understand it's annoying but if it is random, I can't do anything. I already reported it to Samsung in the past and they told me they cannot reproduce it and need more information about it.

Last edited by lebellium; 06-30-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethersage View Post
Same here too, though I have noticed that after a few switches between mounted/unmounted by my Windoze laptop/Ro link-up, it eventually settles down to unmounted. I have also noted quite similar behaviour following straightforward transfers of files between the laptop and SD cards (using a USB SDHC card reader) of late. I get the "cannot be removed" a few times before I eventually get the "can be safely removed" prompt. I wonder if, following the main file transfer operation, there is some minor house-keeping going on for a while?

Just my thoughts that even if the player is in MSC mode...as long as your not transferring any files to the player. You can just disconnect it without clicking on Safely Remove Hardware.

In MTP mode you don't have to click on any such thing...I don't see why you need to click on Remove Hardware while in MSC mode?

I've always detached my USB drives without clicking safely remove hardware. I've never had any issues.

The key is just to make sure you aren't transferring any files or the files from the player aren't open or in use.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Samsung Moderator

Oh guys you'll think I'm mad but I'm so happy: I finally managed to brick my R0!!!
Thanks to spedax who sent me his files, I get the library update issue everytime I try to load the files into the R0!

Hopefully the R&D will find the cause and fix it in a next firmware!
And hopefully we'll get definitely rid of this annoying issue...

Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 AM

happy to read it!
- and many thanks to Spedax, the ex-samsung owner.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:09 AM

finally a success story.........
me too ex-ro user

Old 11-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Hi. 2 days ago i bought the R0 in Germany, updated it to 1.22 and started copying only mp3 files using mtp mode. After 13% updating the library it froze.
@Lebellium do you know anything new about that bug, is it because of the size (more than 3GB at once)? Is the Firmware of R0 so different compared to other players? On the german side of samsung the R0 is not named in the customers support, i wrote them using a nother model, but no answer yet.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Samsung Moderator

Hi,

Indeed, I got the same issue (library update hangs at 13% in MTP mode) with the files of spedax. See my posts above
I'm currently working with Samsung Korea to fix this bug in a next firmware.

I don't know the reason/cause of this bug, it's the R&D job to find out, not mine^^
I thought that could be an issue with the special characters (, , , , , etc etc) but that may be because of the size too, honestly I don't know for the moment

If you could send me the files that bricked your R0, that would be very useful to help the R&D to find out the issue. But that may be difficult to upload more than 3GB of files...

There are update library issues on the R0 and R1 because they are both based on a specific developement platform. There are no such an issue on the other Samsung models.

What you have to do now is to call Samsung, they will give you the adress of the after-sales service center in Germany and then you will ship your R0 there.
There is probably 1 file among your 3GB collection that cause this bug. So once you get your R0 back from the after-sales center I don't advise you to put the sames files on the R0 as long as we don't know what is the problematic files and as long as a new firmware fixing this issue has not been released.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 AM

Default constant system checking

lebellium

I have ploughed my way through the threads you linked but I am still not too clear about what I need to do about this problem of the RO being stuck in in cycle of System Checking. Am I meant to send it back to Samsung then? If so which is the best place for the UK? Do I get a refund on the post?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisepixie View Post
lebellium

I have ploughed my way through the threads you linked but I am still not too clear about what I need to do about this problem of the RO being stuck in in cycle of System Checking. Am I meant to send it back to Samsung then? If so which is the best place for the UK? Do I get a refund on the post?
You will need to send it off. Just remember, that the support guys you speak to on the phone are not "all there" - they are completely clueless as to the process of you sending your player off for repair. You will need to feed them the information instead of in the other order.

Give them a call. Tell them you need your R0 repaired and want them to send a "FREEPOST REPAIRTECH" bag to you. Repairtech is the company name, and so you should be able to send the player free, as this company is a registered company with the post office that allows free delivery.

When you ask for the freepost repairtech bag, they will NOT know what you are talking about. But keep demanding it. Maybe eventually they will talk to a superior who may or may not know what a freepost repairtech bag is. But I favour heavily the "maybe not" part.

If you are lucky, you will start moving forward and they will ask for a copy of you receipt for the purchase. I just scanned and emailed to them as this is the quickest.

Then when your "FREEPOST REPAIRTECH bag arrives in the mail, stick it in there and send it off.

I have to admit that when I sent my R1 off a few times for repair I sent it recorded even with the freepost tag. Just so I'm covered. As there seems to be a habit of things being sent to repairtech and being lost.

Its really a shitty process, but it will ensure that you are careful next time you copy anything on (checking what you copy on thoroughly, and copying small amounts)

Tags
1.22, firmware, r0, samsung, yepp, yp-r0