android
Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 AM

Default JVC Air Cushion

Hey guys, I just bought a pair of black JVC Air Cushion phones; and i noticed that the model # for these isn't HA-FX66, but HA-FX67. Is there a difference between the two, or is this just an updated or alternate version? So far the only difference I could tell was that each buD is printed with on the front with the JVC logo instead of the R/L markers.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-15-2010, 02:56 PM

I did a Google search for "jvc fx67" and noticed that the form factor was quite different from my red FX66's. I didn't have time to compare the specs, but it will be interesting to hear (sorry) if there's a difference between these two. I love my Air Cushions, and if these new versions are similar, I may pick up a pair for backup

Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I have the ha-FX67's and i really like the way sound with clips , fuze and e345

Old 08-21-2010, 01:12 AM

The fx67 uses the same driver as the fx66, it's just housed in a differently shaped shell. I'll add (though I don't want to make you feel bad) that having owned the air cushions myself in the past, at this time there are considerably better offerings out there for the same price or less. So should they eventually break, post here and get some recommendations.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 08-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What other iem's have the same type of earpiece as the JVC's? i really like how the fit in my ear

Old 08-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
The fx67 uses the same driver as the fx66, it's just housed in a differently shaped shell. I'll add (though I don't want to make you feel bad) that having owned the air cushions myself in the past, at this time there are considerably better offerings out there for the same price or less. So should they eventually break, post here and get some recommendations.
Not that mine have broken, but what do you consider better for a similar price?

Steve

Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 PM

How do the the Air Cusions compare to the JVC Marshmallows soundwise?

I use the Marshmallows with my old Sansa Clip and it's great but I want to pick up the Air Cushions as well.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApGfoo View Post
How do the the Air Cusions compare to the JVC Marshmallows soundwise?

I use the Marshmallows with my old Sansa Clip and it's great but I want to pick up the Air Cushions as well.
Had both, and the air cushions sound slightly better. Still, they aren't worth what JVC is selling them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeZ5
Not that mine have broken, but what do you consider better for a similar price?

Steve
The meelectronics offerings have killer price vs value ratios. At the $20 price point, it is difficult to do better than the meelelec M9.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 10-28-2010, 03:47 PM

I'm sorry to bring up a somewhat old thread, but I figured it would be better than starting my own. I'm really surprised to hear you didn't like the fx line, JkX. I liked my fx66 more than my Hippo Booms and Hippo Pearls which were very well received in an official Abi review, and both Hippos broke far sooner. I've seen others saying good things about the fx66 here, so would you say the fx67 are worse than the fx66?

Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 PM

They use the same driver, just have a different housing. And it's not that I disliked the fx66, just that there are better IEMs selling for the same price. Overstock.com currently has the meelectronics M6 (better than teh M9) selling for $20 - and having owned both, it smokes the fx66.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 PM

You really can't compare the FX-66 (and 67?) to others because the main reason to buy them is for the fit. I can work out in these things or ride my bike 20 miles without having to make an adjustment even once, unless I pulled them on accident or something, like if I was adjusting my seat tube and got the wires snagged on the seat, you know.

Sound quality is just fine. Probably for most people, the quality of their recording (compressed file bitrate!) will be more of a factor on sound quality! but that's irrelevant. These are great for being cheap to replace and because they stay put. I am interested if anyone has tried the Yurbuds for this reason. They are $50 though, whereas the FX-66 is only $16 on amazon, or $19 for the FX-67

Old 04-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I have the M6 and a set of air cushions and a set of marshmallows. pure sound quality, the m6 is better. fit wise, the air cushion is fantastic and cant be beat for the price. add the fit to decent sound and they are still a winner in my book. The marshmallow is OK.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:44 AM

Heh, I must have oddly shaped ears as the air cushions never for me very well. Plus the sound quality was lacking. I am relatively forgiving usually, but they sounded too boxed in - not enough"air" if you will.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think every headset has a trade off at that price point. Its mostly about what matters to the buyer and individual issues...like your fitment. Some HATE the memory wire or cable in the m6...

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...ht=memory+wire

Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Same here.
Which is why I cut it off. Five minutes labor and my M6 fits like a dream.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

lol...thats what my link is about...removing the wire. every time I recommended the IEMs someone would moan about the memory wire. So I took it out and posted pics.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
Plus the sound quality was lacking. I am relatively forgiving usually, but they sounded too boxed in - not enough"air" if you will.

+1,I wasn't sure how to describe the sound quality but that best describes it,everything is too recessed for me,I'll remember to never buy another pair again.