android
Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Exclamation Walkman X series now discontinued in USA

I recently visited sonystyle.com USA sony website and to my surprise the only walkmans offered are the E and S series the X poofed away.

I hope Sony releases something worthy this year

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM

orly, well was about time, this could signal something

Old 03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Unless they've got an android player under their sleeve, I doubt Sony will venture into the touchscreen (i.e. iPod Touch) player market again.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:44 PM

They should get a nice 64Gigger or atleast 128GB one like the NWZ-A818 buttons and a bigger screen

Old 03-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

i'm surprised they don't sell the A or the new S series in the U.S.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 AM

No demand for higher end models? I only ever see people with the E or S series in New Zealand

Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Banned

I think if they did have the A and the newer S in the States, then they would certainly sell some (as in Europe).

Probably not shedloads like Apple, or as many as Sansa, but certainly some.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
They should get a nice 64Gigger or atleast 128GB one like the NWZ-A818 buttons and a bigger screen
Even if it was just 16 or 32GB, I would buy one of these in an instant. I still use my A818 and love it dearly, but the menu is starting to look pretty dated, all 8GB is full, and the battery doesn't last nearly as long. Still, the sound quality is top notch and the controls make for super easy operation without looking.

What's up Sony? Do you not like customers?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 AM

I really hope they bring a Android MP3 player out, a copy of the Sony Arc cellphone as a MP3 player. Just take out of some of the features to bring down cost, make the camera resolution lower, regular Super LCD screen isn't of the Bravia engine screen. Getting annoyed that no one tries to go after the apple market.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM

I suspected as such, after I bought my X1050, although I loved the sound and controls, I had a lot of problems with issues like video files and playlists, and support from Sony was zilch, I just checked the official user support forum and my January questions still unanswered. If anyone could have taken on Ipods it could have been Sony, but what the heck, they make i-pod docking speakers, but no Sony walkman model! Anyway I lost the walkman (it walked on me), now thinking about a Samsung P3, although I have a bunch of Sony accessories.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 PM

I suspect that my OLED screen is dimming out I used it on 1 for some time but i recently decided to jam it up to 3 brightness setting and i have used it on this since three months. Yesterday I decided to go to 1 again and it seemed too dim, and i fell that 5 outputs what 3 used to a while a go

Old 03-11-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcollin View Post
Even if it was just 16 or 32GB, I would buy one of these in an instant. I still use my A818 and love it dearly, but the menu is starting to look pretty dated, all 8GB is full, and the battery doesn't last nearly as long. Still, the sound quality is top notch and the controls make for super easy operation without looking.

What's up Sony? Do you not like customers?
I agree about the A818 being a great player and wish Sony would come out with a 16gb or 32gb version of it (the same player, just with more memory). Although my X1051 is a good player, I sometimes I prefer the simplicity of my A818.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 03-22-2011, 02:38 PM

Sad but hardly surprising.

I have a 32g X and absolutely love the sound quality, it's the best personal music player IMO.

The browser, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired.....

Old 04-10-2011, 02:36 AM

I am wondering if any of you guys in this forum knows anything about this feature? I have both models: Sony NWZ-S545 and Sony NWZ-X1061.
On my old Sony NWZ-S545 when I play any song, if the title or song name is long, once highlight on it, it will scroll to show the whole title, but not so with the Sony NWZ-X1061. I try on the settings, there is no setting for scrolling feature. I am very upset to look at the title trunkated and it won't scroll to show the whole title. Did I misss anything? Thanks for any help.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The only solution (that isn't really a solution) is that you can hold down on a truncated long title and a window will pop up above it with the whole name displayed. To keep from selecting it, use another finger to touch somewhere else on the list, or slide/flick the finger showing the long name.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 AM

Default did not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
The only solution (that isn't really a solution) is that you can hold down on a truncated long title and a window will pop up above it with the whole name displayed. To keep from selecting it, use another finger to touch somewhere else on the list, or slide/flick the finger showing the long name.
I Don't know if you do have this model or not, but what you suggested, it did not work. I did touch on the truncated long title, nothing moves or nothing changes. In fact when I touch on all the three lines, nothing pops up either. Also for this model (the most expensive one. I paid $385 US Dollars for this stupid one) nothing is scrolling. On the my other Sony MP3, every line will scroll (once you highlight on that line) if the title is long.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Banned

This is a bug with Sonys that was fixed on the A and newer S series, along with the year tag's not showing up using drag & drop.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagiai2000 View Post
I Don't know if you do have this model or not, but what you suggested, it did not work. I did touch on the truncated long title, nothing moves or nothing changes. In fact when I touch on all the three lines, nothing pops up either. Also for this model (the most expensive one. I paid $385 US Dollars for this stupid one) nothing is scrolling. On the my other Sony MP3, every line will scroll (once you highlight on that line) if the title is long.
I do have an X1051. The trick works in song lists, but not in the now playing screen. One reason it is only a mini solution.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:00 PM

I Hate this of the Non-scrolling text, at least my NWZ-A818 did scroll.

This walkman only displays Harpsichord Concerto No. 2.....
instead of Harpsichord Concerto No. 2 in E BWV 1053: Allegro