android
Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 AM

Default iaudio7 with Windows7

I did a quick look around for anyone else trying to run their iaudio7 with Windows7 and found nothing. Mine tells me it's not recognized when I try to hook it up. I am still on fw 1.16. Any suggestions are appreciated. I found tcctool and found the latest fw from the Cowon site, but havent gone any further....yet.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 AM

I would think that switching it into msc mode would allow you to connect on a win7. BTW tcctool does not run in win7, there are instruction for win xp and linux AFAIK. I don't have enough info from you to make some kind of recommendation, just because the i7 doesn't connect to a system doesn't mean you need to reinstall fw w/tcctool. tcctool is for when your i7 is bricked and won't even turn on, sometimes formatting, reinstalling the fw or running error-Checking, CHKDSK will fix issues.

Edit: It does work in msc as long as nothing is wrong with the player and connecting in msc is your only route to update the fw.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 03-28-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Every player i have plugged into my Windows 7 desktop has been recognized, including an i9....however, any player that allows the option is always set to MSC by me, including said i9.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Hi all, thanks for the tips. I'm familiar with msc vs mtp. However this did not do it for me when I tried it previously. Now, all I get is the hello splash screen then 2 horizontal white bars and nothing else. I tried pushing the reset button nxt to the usb port. It did nothing. You say tcctool won't run in win7...I think I'm stuck.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 PM

Anything else comes to mind, please let me know. Can I detach the battery? Will that force the the system to reboot?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:48 PM

Reformat the thing?

Old 03-30-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post
Reformat the thing?
Reformatting will only work if it's recognized by the pc, also from his last description it sounds as if something else is going on and it does need a new fw flashing using tcctool. OP you'll either need to borrow a XP machine or you could do a CD boot to linux, IIRC there's instructions for it on one of the tcctool tutorials.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 PM

Yeah, I set up my other machine (XP) and it doesn't want to recognize it on there either. My skills are not exactly mad, but can I open my "7" and disconnect the battery, reconnect it, and would that reset everything, or is this idea beyond stupid?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lackie View Post
Yeah, I set up my other machine (XP) and it doesn't want to recognize it on there either. My skills are not exactly mad, but can I open my "7" and disconnect the battery, reconnect it, and would that reset everything, or is this idea beyond stupid?
IMHO that would be a waste of time, reset does the same thing. What you need to do is follow the tcctool directions here on your XP machine

Tags
compatibility, firmware, iaudio 7, windows 7