android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2011, 01:39 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys. Appreciate it. Anyways, I returned them to the brick-and-mortar dealer I bought them from and the store gave me a new pair which worked. They did acknowledge that it was indeed a factory defect and saw clearly that the bass knob was broken.

All their PL30 boxes had no manual or cable winder. I guess the new batch of production didn't include these anymore.

The new PL30's I got have a functional bass knob and has sound that is true to what most of you guys say. It doesn't really have strong bass but has mid-range clarity.

However, I still can't find that perfect fit for my ears. I tried all the spare ear tips and the one that gives me the best sound and isolation is the large rubber tip. The foam tips sound awful, and so do the small rubber ones.

I also have a problem with some discomfort in long periods of listening. I usually wear these when I practice the drums with various songs. I was planning to use these for the gym, but with the discomfort and odd over-the-ear fit, I'm thinking of selling these and getting normal fit (not over-the-ear) IEMs. I didn't expect over-the-ear IEMs to be quite discomforting and not be as sound-isolating as normal fit ones.

My Creative EP630s and Klipsch Image S4's fit perfectly and comfortably, while maximizing sound isolation.