android
Old 03-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Default Bug with [New music] browsing

Under '1 Day' I get basically all my files, then what I actually uploaded within the last week is shared between '1 week' and '1 month'.

Latest firmware (2.23, unless there's been a newer update?)

Battery still won't last more than about 10 hours.

EDIT: clock was out of sync two days ago, I had reset it correctly and it's now again out of sync..!

Last edited by Pierre; 03-14-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
clock was out of sync two days ago, I had reset it correctly and it's now again out of sync..!
Don't know if this might help, but just go into the FM Radio app. You don't have to actually do anything there or tune successfully (although you might want to play around and experiment).

Then exit the FM Radio app back to the main menu.

Now re-set your clock one more time.

Clock problem should now be solved. Something about the FM Radio app that totally resets whatever bug in the firmware there is that triggers the clock anomaly.

Incidentally, that clock anomaly is actually that (a) when you have the J3 powered on the time-of-day clock progress suspends, and (b) when you power the J3 off the time-of-day clock progress resumes.

So it "freezes" and thus appears to lose time for as long as you've got the J3 on an listening to music. As soon as you power it off and put it away, the clock "un-freezes" and starts normal progress again.

Hence the symptom you see.

(if that's the symptom)

Old 03-20-2011, 06:19 AM

I had already done the FM radio trick. I have never done a player reset since. The clock just de-synchronised without any actions from me

Does 'power off' here includes sleep..? I've never powered it off, only ever made it sleep...

The bug for the Recent Music browsing option is still there. I added a few songs a few days ago and they didn't appear in [1 day] or [1 week], and instead ALL my music did even though it has been on the player for over a month.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:40 PM

Firmware 2.25 now and not fixed. I really liked this feature.

That + crap battery life isn't making me happy... It could have been a great player. Instead I have 40GB of music on it and I'm forced to browse by song title without even being able to sort by artist (or else it'll play only the songs by the artist I selected..!).

God I miss my Sony's firmware...

Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 PM

Just out of curiosity, did you ever notify Cowon of this problem? I mean did you actually go to their Support web site and submit a ticket, describing the problem?

In passing, I mention that I myself (and probably others as well) actually reported the very two problems with 2.24 that actually got fixed in 2.25, by submitting tickets there. Cowon responded to my ticket on their site, and sure enough now we have 2.25 where those very two problems got fixed.

If Cowon doesn't know there's a problem, they don't know they have to fix something.

Had they known in advance of the bug in all likelihood they wouldn't have issued the software with it still present... it would have been fixed in the development cycle. So it's up to us users to tell them about defects that they didn't discover for themselves, but which were discovered by users "in the field". Very often users will do things that the developers never dreamed of, or perhaps just accidentally push things in a way that the Cowon testers just didn't stumble into. That's why it's still a "bug"... which not every user runs into (just like Cowon's testers didn't run into it).

You should open a ticket on the Cowon (Global) web site and describe the problem. Once they know about it they will no doubt research it and fix it.

You click on Support, register, then use the "Q&A" link, and then click on the "List of Questions" link to see your previous threads to/from them. You click on "WRITE" to submit a new ticket. It's a very rudimentary non-thread-like interface, and you can't really "edit" what you've previously submitted. But it does at least allow sending them information and problem reports especially for software issues.