android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 PM

Default UE 350 Impressions/ Recomendations for IEMs under $50?

Im looking for a quality pair of IEMs for my new Cowon J3. I investigated a few Ultimate Ears IEMs, and found that the UE 350 is in my price range. I like that it has a little extra bass. does anybody have other recommendations for IEMs that are under $50, have good bass, nice mids/treble, and good clarity?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM

There are several threads on this very page with threads about IEMs in this price range, I suggest you take a look at them.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 PM

It would help to know a little bit more about what it is you are looking for in an IEM. "Good bass, nice mids/treble, and good clarity" could mean a lot of things. I mean, by good bass do you mean you want lot of bass or just quality bass? Or your comment about a little extra bass, does that mean a little extra in the since you are looking for a flat IEM with just hair more bass or an IEM that is bass heavy? Given your current IEM is the JBuds J3, the Maximo iM-590 and the MEElectonics CX21 are two earphones that have similar sounds signatures, but more clarity. Of course, that is assuming you like current IEM, if you are looking for a new pair that might not be the case.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Check out dfkt's spreadsheet. If you want to go up to about 80 bucks, the Hippo VBs are the hands down best you can get. There is a good comparison in that spreadsheet, and also stickied is a list of budget buds you can check out. Besides that, you can browse around a bit.

Doubtless, you bring a little more information to the table and you'll get more suggestions. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 PM

what i meant was that i wanted plenty of bass, but not muddied bass like skullcandy buds. I like the J3s, but they could use more of a "punch" on the low end. It says on the UE350s page that they have extra bass, so thats what got me interested. Also, i couldnt find the hippo VBs on amazon. any help for that?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Nope. Hippo VBs are only available via jaben.net or do a google for Uncle Wilson Hippo.

VBs are most amazing basshead IEMs I have heard because the rest of the spectrum still sounds pretty OK. Bass is tight, uber-low - you will feel it in your chest. I remember the first time I heard my VBs - I was 100% blown away...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies