android
Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 PM

i think the "and more" is referring to older apps

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Message exclusively for new apps ... Anyways doesn't matter because their are no new more apps

Old 05-13-2010, 08:22 PM

maybe this means that there will be soon, of course it could be nothing

Old 05-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That email means nothing relative to upcoming apps. It was just to remind folks who had lost track of their Zunes that things were still going on at MS. I suspect MS realized only a fraction of the Zune HDs sold had downloaded the new apps, and wanted to push a little app delight to those forgotten, uninformed souls.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:33 PM

If Dave ever gets around to reading this, I think I am going to touch on some points here...

I have owned my ZuneHD since September. At first it was a quirky little device, locked up a few times and rebooted a few times. However, after all this time....

I started thinking- What apps do we really need? (I for one love Labyrinth.) Then, I started thinking, Microsoft surely must not be aiming for an all-play device. I don't play games all the time on it, I don't listen to music all the time on it.. but what many people would use A-LOT on it is an E-Mail/Calender Application. I would think people would use that more often than playing games and it would allow productivity in places you never would have been productive before.

As another statement- Out of my entire day, the amount of time I spend listening to music on my ZuneHD- 4 1/2 hours. Amount of time spent listening to Podcasts- 1hr 45m. Avg time watching movies- 20m (these are all averages from since I bought the ZuneHD)

If anything, build on whats being used.

/rant

Old 05-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
If Dave ever gets around to reading this, I think I am going to touch on some points here...

I have owned my ZuneHD since September. At first it was a quirky little device, locked up a few times and rebooted a few times. However, after all this time....

I started thinking- What apps do we really need? (I for one love Labyrinth.) Then, I started thinking, Microsoft surely must not be aiming for an all-play device. I don't play games all the time on it, I don't listen to music all the time on it.. but what many people would use A-LOT on it is an E-Mail/Calender Application. I would think people would use that more often than playing games and it would allow productivity in places you never would have been productive before.

As another statement- Out of my entire day, the amount of time I spend listening to music on my ZuneHD- 4 1/2 hours. Amount of time spent listening to Podcasts- 1hr 45m. Avg time watching movies- 20m (these are all averages from since I bought the ZuneHD)

If anything, build on whats being used.

/rant
I like the suggestion, but I'm just wondering... Why can't you just use email from your browser? I, for one, think that the mobile site of hotmail is fantastic, and use it all the time, as well as outlook live. I personally don't have a need for an email app for this reason, and would prefer the energy be spent on bettering the browser, adding codecs for music and video playback, and smoothing out wrinkles with video playback (I don't use it much for watching videos, but when I do, I've noticed that the video lags behind the audio a lot of the time). Just what I'd like personally.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 AM

What we really need is YouTube app... Hulu app would be awsome too

Old 05-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I like the suggestion, but I'm just wondering... Why can't you just use email from your browser? I, for one, think that the mobile site of hotmail is fantastic, and use it all the time, as well as outlook live. I personally don't have a need for an email app for this reason, and would prefer the energy be spent on bettering the browser, adding codecs for music and video playback, and smoothing out wrinkles with video playback (I don't use it much for watching videos, but when I do, I've noticed that the video lags behind the audio a lot of the time). Just what I'd like personally.
My video is in sync with the audio. Are you sure it's not just your files?

Old 03-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Garry View Post
funny how there is an offical Messenger App for Zune and not for Win Phone
y

Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 PM

Every time a thread is made to complain, a super cute kitty eats another super cute kitty then dies.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Any cat that eats one of its own should die. Good riddance.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Any cat that eats one of its own should die. Good riddance.
Just guessing you've never seen a mother cat eat some of her newborns, eh? Yes it happens. I've seen it.