android
Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
The Zune (in any form) no longer even appears on the Zune website.
FYI the Zune HD and even the legacy devices are listed on the products page (no 30GB though). In fact Zune in every form is on every single page on zune.net.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM

duplicate.

Last edited by daglesj; 03-22-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:21 PM

I checked on the Zune.Net website and could find no mention of the Zune or Zune HD on the front page. It only mentions Zune (as a service) on the PC/Xbox and WM7.

If the Zune HD was a front runner or current product would it not be listed as a forth alternative? I couldnt see it mentioned anywhere in the front page of the Zune.net page in the US or UK versions.

Zune Insider still has old content from 18 months ago on its front page. No one is looking after that one too much either.

It only gets a mention as the 5th listed device for Zune on the Products page. If it was a primary device wouldnt it get listed a bit higher?

Consider the Zune HD "Depreciated".

Zune no longer refers to hardware. Its purely service.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

While I do see that the Zune HD isn't on the Zune.net front page, it's still listed in the products page, as well as further into the site
(Zune HD). And, as Mac has kindly mentioned, the older devices also have their prospective pages (Zune digital media players)

They (MS) hasn't put the final nail in the coffin, but they're still digging too many graves. Just tell us the truth, with no BULLSHITT, and then I'd give 'em some respect!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Just tell us the truth, with no BULLSHITT, and then I'd give 'em some respect!!!
It continually pissed me off till I left this site for awhile whenever Dave would mention something, but not actually say anything. "We have some really cool stuff coming out", "The best stuff is yet to come", etc. Why can't you tell us what your working on? Is some kind of competitor going to steal it? Who wants to steal from the Zune HD? Whose your competition that is trying to sabotage you? Apple? I think the only time Apple acknowledges Zune is when they're looking for a laugh.

Microsoft has continued to be very vague regarding anything. The WP7 update even faced many issues (January, late February, early March, then late March). If Microsoft continues this downward streak I have a feeling they're going to lose a lot of momentum. Apple seems to be growing pretty rapidly whether you like it or not. The only reason Microsoft got the stronghold in the PC department was because they threw Windows on anything that had a screen. Apple created the first GUI for computers and keeps good on their promises. Last thing I have to say: Look at Apple's stocks and look at Microsoft's.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
It doesnt matter, you are right. Its just that a lot of folks still think more juicy Zune PMPs will be on the way and suddenly all Zune HD owners will be wrapped in a snuggly love blanket by MS with loads of updates and 100's of new apps.

They wont.

The HD is dead too as far as MS is concerned. If it wasnt it would be on the Zune site.

Folks need to stop wishing for stuff that will never come. Most folks have realised this. The Zune part of this forum is a good indicator, 18 months ago these threads would be 10+ pages long after just a couple of days. But not anymore.

Just play your music and have fun.
Yeah now back it up and prove to me that they won't do all those things. I didn't say there won't or will be one. Also the zune hd is actually on the front of the product page. I don't wan't to make assumptions, but why are you acting like you know what is going to happen.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
If Microsoft continues this downward streak I have a feeling they're going to lose a lot of momentum. Apple seems to be growing pretty rapidly whether you like it or not.

iPhone still only has about 17% marketshare worldwide. And that's only among smartphones, not among all cell phones in general.

And don't get me started on their Desktop OS's marketshare. Yeah, the one with the marketshare it took them 10 years to increase by 3% only to have Win7 bring it back down in less than 6 months? Yeah, THAT OS.

mindshare != Marketshare.

Just because the media seems to be on Apple's Viral Marketing payroll as of late doesn't neccessarily mean anything.

Last edited by eddie.exe; 03-22-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie.exe View Post
iPhone still only has about 17% marketshare worldwide. And that's only among smartphones, not among all cell phones in general.

And don't get me started on their Desktop OS's marketshare. Yeah, the one with the marketshare it took them 10 years to increase by 3% only to have Win7 bring it back down in less than 6 months? Yeah, THAT OS.

mindshare != Marketshare.

Just because all the gadget blogs seem to be on Apple's Viral Marketing payroll as of late doesn't neccessarily mean anything.
good point. I heard that recently there has been more Androids sold than iphones. If i'm wrong then please correct me(since it was on the news and I don't really trust anything when it comes to mainstream media)

Old 03-22-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
good point. I heard that recently there has been more Androids sold than iphones. If i'm wrong then please correct me(since it was on the news and I don't really trust anything when it comes to mainstream media)
http://www.talkandroid.com/25755-mor...s-of-november/

Except this link only talks about phones sold in the US. What I stated in my post above was worldwide.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
Yeah now back it up and prove to me that they won't do all those things. I didn't say there won't or will be one. Also the zune hd is actually on the front of the product page. I don't wan't to make assumptions, but why are you acting like you know what is going to happen.

I dont have to prove anything. Time will prove one way or another. But by say the end of May 2011 I'd say I was on the ball. I dont work for MS or the Zune team but I've been as accurate as Dave has to be honest. I say something months ahead that turns out to be true (the ZuneHD being a prototype for the Zune Phone/WM7 though Dave denies that bizzarely).

At least I'm not swinging any BS at you. I dont want you to buy anything.

Well...not that the Zune team has anything to sell you either......

At the end of the day all we want is a clear unambiguous message from MS of what the full future of the Zune ecosystem is.

What it involves, whats to come, will it survive?
Should we continue to invest or walk away?

No more BS, no more non messages, just clear straight answers.

Until then some of us will just sit and take pot shots at it.

After all its just a bloody media system, not advanced fighter jet tech we are discussing here. Especially as MS are so far behind the curve now its not really that ultra secret. It's quite hilarious really.

Could you also point out to me where the image or direct mention of a ZuneHD lurks on the initial page of -

http://www.zune.net/en-US/

Cos I darn well cant find it. Happy to be proven wrong and all that. But looks like a game of Where's Waldo to me.

I mean a proper valid mention or image, not a link tucked away under another link.

Last edited by daglesj; 03-22-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:41 AM

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America(but always Saint Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom), Earth, S

^Wait is someone being negative and confrontational on a thread about how we should be less negative? Hhhmmm.... Interesting....

Old 03-23-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
It continually pissed me off till I left this site for awhile whenever Dave would mention something, but not actually say anything. "We have some really cool stuff coming out", "The best stuff is yet to come", etc. Why can't you tell us what your working on? Is some kind of competitor going to steal it? Who wants to steal from the Zune HD? Whose your competition that is trying to sabotage you? Apple? I think the only time Apple acknowledges Zune is when they're looking for a laugh.

Microsoft has continued to be very vague regarding anything. The WP7 update even faced many issues (January, late February, early March, then late March). If Microsoft continues this downward streak I have a feeling they're going to lose a lot of momentum. Apple seems to be growing pretty rapidly whether you like it or not. The only reason Microsoft got the stronghold in the PC department was because they threw Windows on anything that had a screen. Apple created the first GUI for computers and keeps good on their promises. Last thing I have to say: Look at Apple's stocks and look at Microsoft's.

Granted, Zune could use a lot of things that the competitors either have or don't really care about, but Apple did copy the whole Social thing with Ping in iTunes, and Wireless Sync with Home sharing in iOS 4.3.
I do see how third party apps might want to be kept quiet, but honestly, I would want a Zune more if it had, or would-in-the-near-future have an email client.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Jackson View Post
Granted, Zune could use a lot of things that the competitors either have or don't really care about, but Apple did copy the whole Social thing with Ping in iTunes, and Wireless Sync with Home sharing in iOS 4.3.
I do see how third party apps might want to be kept quiet, but honestly, I would want a Zune more if it had, or would-in-the-near-future have an email client.
It's got a web browser. You can just use that

Old 03-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Last edited by epithetless; 03-23-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: positive thoughts

Old 03-23-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Jackson View Post
As far as iOS devices are concerned Home Sharing only allows you to stream your content to your device, there's no wireless syncing. But you're totally right about Ping, it's a direct rip off of Zune Social. I see musicians pushing their ping on twitter and whatnot.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nothing more negative than a thread with "negative" in the title. At this point in time I'm recommending more kitten photos.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Nothing more negative than a thread with "negative" in the title. At this point in time I'm recommending more kitten photos.
LOL

But seriously i have to agree with the negativity in here .. 100% of it.. The sad thing is that i have been strung around from inception (Zune30) and the HD was their second chance.

They blew it even worse than the original zune... at least that saw more serious updates.

Simply put their performance with this zune platform made me hardened against ever buying a win7 phone ... and im not the only one who has that opinion.

Could be miles better than My Android based Evo ... It could eventually dominate the market .. it could solve the Israeli Palestinian conflict .. It could cure Cancer and Hiv..

Im not getting it ..

Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxis View Post
Simply put their performance with this zune platform made me hardened against ever buying a win7 phone ...
That is exactly how I feel at the moment.