android
Old 03-02-2011, 05:46 PM

I highly doubt that MS would ever put anything out running android, remember that their most important product is their OS, so any chance they get they're gonna use their own stuff

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I'd rather see a new Zune HD than an update for the current one. The HD was a year behind when it came out. A great looking piece of hardware with a beautiful UI and OS, but the wrong approach for apps.

Perhaps they should consider android for the Zune line. Just don't screw it up like Cowon did with the D3.
I think we deserve at least one more update, just for old time sake.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I'd rather see a new Zune HD than an update for the current one. The HD was a year behind when it came out. A great looking piece of hardware with a beautiful UI and OS, but the wrong approach for apps.

Perhaps they should consider android for the Zune line. Just don't screw it up like Cowon did with the D3.
Yea, I guess so... I just don't have the couple hundred bucks to throw down for a new one. Besides, look at their history. The legacy devices kept updating firmware up to the HD release, and I assume that's because it's an entirely different hardware from the originals (30, 80, etc...). And their "beautiful UI and OS" is exactly the reason they'll never go to Android. And the fact that splitting profits with Google isn't ideal...

Old 03-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cowon and Samsung and Creative are testing the android potential. MS could throw their media apps on the new android Zune and if they added the android market with typical android hardware they might stand a chance against Apple.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 PM

If anyone is still using this for firmware updates, I have one I would like to see. I would like to be able to shuffle songs I "like". I know you can create a shuffled playlist in the Zune software, but they are always played in the order they were "shuffled" on to the Zune. An actual random shuffle of liked songs, whether from a playlist or just from in device tags would be nice.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think a workaround to do that would be create a playlist with your liked songs in the software, sync it to the player, and then you can just hit the shuffle button twice on the now playing screen (so that it un-shuffles it and then shuffles again) and it would be shuffled in a different order.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 PM

I really wish that the update will include foreign lang support. And costum equalizer

Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 AM

Re: Custom Equalizer

I don't understand why a little more time doesn't get dedicated to making it a better music player. A custom equalizer and volume normalization (ReplayGain) are must-haves. The biggest reason I use another player most of the time is replaygain normalizes the tracks when shuffling.

When I watch American Idol with my wife, I see the judges reminding themselves that "this is a singing competition". I think Zune developers should remind themselves "this is a music player".

The next time I buy a device, I'm just going to make sure it will run Rockbox. That way I know there are people who develop the firmware care about the music as much as I do.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 AM

we will NEVER get an update!
Sry

Old 03-04-2011, 10:44 PM

I agree with the EQ thing, MS has been pushing this as a media player first, every thing else after that, but they havent gotten that right yet. Thats part of why I love Cowon, theyve had their sound right since day one, if MS had anything like BBE or the EQ on the Cowons, there would be no reason for me to get anything else

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM

My wish list:
1. Bigger album art (for those of us who do not utilize the artist info). Skins maybe? After seeing the new album shuffle app this seems doable.
2. Delete songs directly from now playing. No biggie but it would be more convenient.
3. Pinned items do not retain their place when paused if you shuffle something else. Please fix this.

Thanks.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:56 PM

1. ability to turn off the screen "lock" after the timeout (no be required to swipe up to open the zune back up).
2. ability to browse by artist after genre is selected (as opposed to the current view of all the albums within the genre).

Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America(but always Saint Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom), Earth, S
Lightbulb

1. Video flip. Somtimes I want to watch a video the other way.
2. When I stop watching a video before it ends have it displayed in the now playing spot like songs and the radio.
3. And when you hit the media button have the clock displayed next to the battery.

Last edited by unionjack37; 03-09-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 AM

I bough the Zune HD to listen to music.
After owning it for a while I find I use it for Podcasts (mostly audio) as much as music.
I still like it very much but would like to see a Custom EQ option. The only other problems I have with it are;
1. It doesn't remember where I left off listening to a song like it does with a Podcast.
2. The Internet connection doesn't work in locations where you have to accept a connection agreement on a web page. It won't display the page until you connect. I can't connect because it won't display the page.
I have an old iPaq and laptops that work fine using these same connections.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus_NB View Post
2. The Internet connection doesn't work in locations where you have to accept a connection agreement on a web page. It won't display the page until you connect. I can't connect because it won't display the page.
I have used mine at several hotels that work like this with no problems. Where was it that you were experiencing this issue?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I have used mine at several hotels that work like this with no problems. Where was it that you were experiencing this issue?
On the local city buses.

I thought it was a fairly well known problem.
This article describes the problem.
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix

Last edited by Angus_NB; 03-14-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmm... like I said before, I haven't had this experience at all. Anytime that I've had to do this sort of verification, it's worked for me. Something you might want to take a look at if you ever have the chance is take one of the laptops that you said you got the connection working on. When the webpage where it asks you to verify that you agree to their terms of access, look at the URL, and try opening the browser on your HD and typing whatever is in the URL on your laptop (it should look like an IP Address) in the URL bar on your HD. That might clear up the issue because your HD might be attempting to bypass that page and go to whatever page you selected (if you pressed on a pinned favorite) or the last page you were on (if you just hit "Internet"). Just something you can try if you have the means.

Much luck,

Old 03-15-2011, 09:18 PM

I hadn't tried connecting since I first got the HD.
I tried it again today and connected, no problem.
I don't know if I updated the firmware since trying it the first time or not.

So now I guess all I want is custom EQ and for songs to resume where they were when I shut the thing off.
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix

Old 03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, glad you got that problem outta the way!

Old 03-19-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Well, glad you got that problem outta the way!
It was short lived. It only worked once.
Now I always get the message: "Local connection only. Try again?".
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix