android
  #1  
Old 02-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Rams's Avatar
Rams Rams is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: I travel a lot.. mainly between Morocco and Holland.
Posts: 90
Exclamation Album art won't work

Currently using MEDIA MONKEY.. awesome program to sort
all of your music and keep it neat and tidy. (very handy if ur that kinda person, i know i am)

So when I select an album (all of the songs in it) in MM..
I add an image to the songs. Click OK, and all goes well..
it displays correctly in the MM albumart window FOR EACH SELECTED SONG.

But when I right click the selected files, copy them to the S9..
and turn it on and play the songs.. no album art, nothing.

Should I copy the JPG file aswell? And rename it or something?


merci.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Cynic's Avatar
Cynic Cynic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 114
Default

It supposedly has something to do with the version of id3 tags you're using. I didn't have the patience to update all my tags so I just copy the cover art into the folder and rename it cover.jpg (or whatever other extension) and it displays fine.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Rams's Avatar
Rams Rams is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: I travel a lot.. mainly between Morocco and Holland.
Posts: 90
Default

Thanks for the answer man, im guessing it must say
so in the manual because nobody took the time to help.
Thanks again
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 AM
xxmarkosxx xxmarkosxx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Default

you can do two things.first is to add the image in your songs,and your songs size will increased,or copy the image.

First way:
you can add the image in your songs with many programs,i'm using MP3Tag (it's free).Listen the trick.You have to copy to your PC the songs which you want to add the picture,then add your pictures,and copy them back to your S9

Second way:
if you want only one image for all of your songs,then you have to copy the image in the same directory where your songs are.Then rename the image into cover.jpg

hope i helped
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Waveblade Waveblade is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Default

Make sure it's front cover for media monkey, that's the only issue I've had
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Andyt95 Andyt95 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
Default Album art problem

Hi I am new to this forum and have not seen any threads on this point.

I recently bought my S9 and transferred all my music onto it. I noticed the player has not picked up the album art. Is there any way I can get the album art on the Cowon MC, and what is the best program to get album art on my S9.

Thanks, Andy
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
xenarchi xenarchi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyt95 View Post
Hi I am new to this forum and have not seen any threads on this point.

I recently bought my S9 and transferred all my music onto it. I noticed the player has not picked up the album art. Is there any way I can get the album art on the Cowon MC, and what is the best program to get album art on my S9.

Thanks, Andy
Where is the album image stored? Is is via the TAG or do you have the pic in the album folder? Pics for album art needs to be named cover.jpg

If you have ZERO album art images saved there are tons of programs out there. Media Monkey, MP3Tagger etc etc...

Like this person said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmarkosxx View Post
you can do two things.first is to add the image in your songs,and your songs size will increased,or copy the image.

First way:
you can add the image in your songs with many programs,i'm using MP3Tag (it's free).Listen the trick.You have to copy to your PC the songs which you want to add the picture,then add your pictures,and copy them back to your S9

Second way:
if you want only one image for all of your songs,then you have to copy the image in the same directory where your songs are.Then rename the image into cover.jpg

hope i helped
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:38 AM
kryptonite kryptonite is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5
Default

The problem that i face is that when i tilt the cowon the album art displays in matrix form( thumbnail size) one after the other and fills the whole screen, what i see in demos is a smooth horizontal cover flow which can be zoomed in and out( and i prefer that) , is it something to do with the firmware update? i did an update to FM2.41 from FM2.31.
i just cant get that cowerflow...
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 PM
RoloJam RoloJam is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
The problem that i face is that when i tilt the cowon the album art displays in matrix form( thumbnail size) one after the other and fills the whole screen, what i see in demos is a smooth horizontal cover flow which can be zoomed in and out( and i prefer that) , is it something to do with the firmware update? i did an update to FM2.41 from FM2.31.
i just cant get that cowerflow...
This is a firmware issue. Cover flow was dropped. They replaced it with the matrix view. Which I prefer since, I grew up listening to vinyl albums and know every album cover at a glance. I have over 1000 vinyl albums as opposed to less than 400 CDs. If you want it back, you'll lose out on a bunch of bug fixes. My suggestion is to make play lists and use the browser rather than albums covers for navigating if you can't spot the album by a postage stamp icon. This may or not be a factor (probably not), but, using higher quality jpg images may improve the resolution of the album icons.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
beagle beagle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

I have upgraded my D2plus to the J3. I have my artwork in the folder where the album. ie Queen Greatest Hits has all the songs listed plus a jpeg picture named cover.jpeg.
All I get is the grey cd when listening. Had no issues with my D2plus.
What do I do??????????
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 AM
el maco's Avatar
el maco el maco is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 57
Default

^ rename to cover.jpg.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 02-21-2011, 03:01 PM
ellie.brown36 ellie.brown36 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Default

i found the only way to get the album art is to just use the software that came with it, the cowon media centre, which is really confusing but after about half it starts to make sense. but as this thread is about album art i wanted to ask, i've got most of my album art, but it won't let me edit a tag for any music i've downloaded from itunes. Also i'm in a band and wanted to put my own music on there, album art and all, but when i clicked apply, it refused to let me add the artwork. and before anyone says, i converted it so its the same file format as everything else. has anyone got any suggestions?
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
markmp3guy markmp3guy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 157
Default

Ellie, use a different program to add your tags, album art, etc. I don't like Jet Audio. The only thing I use Jet Audio for is converting video files.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
album, album art, art, cowon, s9

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.