android
Old 02-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Location: I travel a lot.. mainly between Morocco and Holland.
Exclamation Album art won't work

Currently using MEDIA MONKEY.. awesome program to sort
all of your music and keep it neat and tidy. (very handy if ur that kinda person, i know i am)

So when I select an album (all of the songs in it) in MM..
I add an image to the songs. Click OK, and all goes well..
it displays correctly in the MM albumart window FOR EACH SELECTED SONG.

But when I right click the selected files, copy them to the S9..
and turn it on and play the songs.. no album art, nothing.

Should I copy the JPG file aswell? And rename it or something?

merci.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 AM

It supposedly has something to do with the version of id3 tags you're using. I didn't have the patience to update all my tags so I just copy the cover art into the folder and rename it cover.jpg (or whatever other extension) and it displays fine.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 AM

Location: I travel a lot.. mainly between Morocco and Holland.

Thanks for the answer man, im guessing it must say
so in the manual because nobody took the time to help.
Thanks again

Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 AM

you can do two things.first is to add the image in your songs,and your songs size will increased,or copy the image.

First way:
you can add the image in your songs with many programs,i'm using MP3Tag (it's free).Listen the trick.You have to copy to your PC the songs which you want to add the picture,then add your pictures,and copy them back to your S9

Second way:
if you want only one image for all of your songs,then you have to copy the image in the same directory where your songs are.Then rename the image into cover.jpg

hope i helped

Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 PM

Make sure it's front cover for media monkey, that's the only issue I've had

Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM

Default Album art problem

Hi I am new to this forum and have not seen any threads on this point.

I recently bought my S9 and transferred all my music onto it. I noticed the player has not picked up the album art. Is there any way I can get the album art on the Cowon MC, and what is the best program to get album art on my S9.

Thanks, Andy

Old 02-20-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyt95 View Post
Hi I am new to this forum and have not seen any threads on this point.

I recently bought my S9 and transferred all my music onto it. I noticed the player has not picked up the album art. Is there any way I can get the album art on the Cowon MC, and what is the best program to get album art on my S9.

Thanks, Andy
Where is the album image stored? Is is via the TAG or do you have the pic in the album folder? Pics for album art needs to be named cover.jpg

If you have ZERO album art images saved there are tons of programs out there. Media Monkey, MP3Tagger etc etc...

Like this person said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmarkosxx View Post
you can do two things.first is to add the image in your songs,and your songs size will increased,or copy the image.

First way:
you can add the image in your songs with many programs,i'm using MP3Tag (it's free).Listen the trick.You have to copy to your PC the songs which you want to add the picture,then add your pictures,and copy them back to your S9

Second way:
if you want only one image for all of your songs,then you have to copy the image in the same directory where your songs are.Then rename the image into cover.jpg

hope i helped

Old 08-31-2009, 01:38 AM

The problem that i face is that when i tilt the cowon the album art displays in matrix form( thumbnail size) one after the other and fills the whole screen, what i see in demos is a smooth horizontal cover flow which can be zoomed in and out( and i prefer that) , is it something to do with the firmware update? i did an update to FM2.41 from FM2.31.
i just cant get that cowerflow...

Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
The problem that i face is that when i tilt the cowon the album art displays in matrix form( thumbnail size) one after the other and fills the whole screen, what i see in demos is a smooth horizontal cover flow which can be zoomed in and out( and i prefer that) , is it something to do with the firmware update? i did an update to FM2.41 from FM2.31.
i just cant get that cowerflow...
This is a firmware issue. Cover flow was dropped. They replaced it with the matrix view. Which I prefer since, I grew up listening to vinyl albums and know every album cover at a glance. I have over 1000 vinyl albums as opposed to less than 400 CDs. If you want it back, you'll lose out on a bunch of bug fixes. My suggestion is to make play lists and use the browser rather than albums covers for navigating if you can't spot the album by a postage stamp icon. This may or not be a factor (probably not), but, using higher quality jpg images may improve the resolution of the album icons.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 PM

I have upgraded my D2plus to the J3. I have my artwork in the folder where the album. ie Queen Greatest Hits has all the songs listed plus a jpeg picture named cover.jpeg.
All I get is the grey cd when listening. Had no issues with my D2plus.
What do I do??????????

Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 AM

^ rename to cover.jpg.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:01 PM

i found the only way to get the album art is to just use the software that came with it, the cowon media centre, which is really confusing but after about half it starts to make sense. but as this thread is about album art i wanted to ask, i've got most of my album art, but it won't let me edit a tag for any music i've downloaded from itunes. Also i'm in a band and wanted to put my own music on there, album art and all, but when i clicked apply, it refused to let me add the artwork. and before anyone says, i converted it so its the same file format as everything else. has anyone got any suggestions?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM

Ellie, use a different program to add your tags, album art, etc. I don't like Jet Audio. The only thing I use Jet Audio for is converting video files.

Tags
album, album art, art, cowon, s9