android
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 AM

Default J3 + Bose QC15....need Filo5?

I have just upgraded to a J3 and also treated myself to a pair of Bose QC15's, basically i'm going for the best audio quaility on the move possible. I have an old FILO5 amp as well which i used on my old mp3 player and it made a heck of a difference.

The question is, if the J3 is considered virtually the best mp3 on the market coupled with a pair of QC15's, is it worth sticking the FILO5 amp on it or would that be overkill? would it 'overcook' the sound and best to leave all the processing to the J3?

I also got the J3 because i hear you can bypass the EU regs on noise limitation by sticking the US firmware on it. Will i have to do that as soon as i get it out of the box?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-14-2011, 11:33 AM

I can't find specs for this headphone anywhere, not even on the Bose site, so I reckon this question is unanswerable unless someone else here has them. . .

BTW, as far as I know 0% of audiophiles take Bose seriously.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM

What do you mean?? It's these beauties:

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and...15-headphones/

And they have very well reviewed across the board! Certainly regaurded are one of, if not the best Noise Cancelling headphones out there

Old 03-14-2011, 01:47 PM

You've been reading the wrong reviews when you think they're the ant's pants. Their sound quality is mediocre at best, and they're insanely overpriced for what they are. You could get similar or better noise isolation from IEMs. First Head-Fi threads that popped up: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...is-it-that-bad and http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...ueitcomfort-15

I assume you mean the FiiO E5 with "FILO5"? In that case, no, you probably don't need it with the J3. Then again, nobody knows the impedance of those Bose things, since they never publish any specs. Since you already have the FiiO, why don't you just try it, if it makes any difference?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

B.O.S.E. Buy Other Sound Equipment.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You've been reading the wrong reviews when you think they're the ant's pants. Their sound quality is mediocre at best, and they're insanely overpriced for what they are. You could get similar or better noise isolation from IEMs.?
I don't think so, i've tried many headphones in the shops and IEM's don't even get close to any of the Noise Cancelling headphones. I had a pair of Sennheiser PXC 310 which were ok, but when i compared it with the QC15's, the QC15's blew it out of the water, both in sound quaility and level of Noise Cancelling. And if you do a bit of googling then any round up of NC headphones will put the QC15's 1st or 2nd place.

Althrough i did get them at a massive discount (40% off) and i wouldn't pay full price for them

Quote:
I assume you mean the FiiO E5 with "FILO5"? In that case, no, you probably don't need it with the J3. Then again, who knows with those Bose things. Why don't you just try it, if it makes any difference
yes i mean the FiiO E5's, sorry

Old 03-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Imo Noise Cancelling doesn't mean you get great sound quality just because outside noises are blocked using it...

I have it on my Sony player and it's just a waste of time, I find... I'd rather use my ie8s and still hear things.