android
Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 PM

Default PLAYLISTS for the Cowon S9

How do i get playlists on my Cowon separate from my song list????

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2010, 05:58 AM

Have a look here

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=45436

Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 AM

I've had 100% success rate using Media Monkey to make my playlists on the computer to my S9 .My music files are arranged on my computer hard drive in folders by artist>album>song , i'm using FW 2.51 in my player and in MSC mode.

In Media Monkey I right click playlist and give it a name,then with the S9 connected to the computer I expand the tree view in Media Monkey so that the music files that are in the S9 show, then left click and drag the music files into the playlist that was just named .Just remember that you want to select music from the S9 and NOT your hard drive Music Library to drag into your playlist , as the playlists will need a drive letter and folder structure for the S9 and not your hard drive.

The last step is to export the playlist you just made by right clicking the playlist and choosing send to>export as .m3u file and navigating to the playlist folder in your Cowon S9 player and saving it in the playlist folder on the S9,you should also name the file before saving it.Safely remove the device and the playlist should now be saved in the playlist folder.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:00 AM

If you want to create multiple on the go playlists on the S9, give this app a try: http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28337 .

Old 03-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Hi, I have the Cowon S9 FW 2.51 and have no problems with Media Monkey creating playlists. I create a new playlist then select the files in Melia Monkey (without the Cowon plugged in). I have the folders arranged in the same structure in both Media Monkey & the S9. Then when I plug in the S9, right click on the S9 icon in the folder tree & run sync (First configure the device in the Media Monkey menu to sync the folders & playlists). I have cleaned up all the files with Mp3Tag first & converted all tracks to Mp3 in Media Monkey, then used the Level track volume tool to adjust tracks. I'm also using the Cowon with the car stereo with a Belkin Tunecast 2 with reasonable results.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 PM

Funny thing but if I am looking at my cowon s9 while holding it and click on playlists there's nothing there. However, when I plugged it in and looked at the folders within my s9 all of my playlists were there under playlists. I think the problem I was having was that I had it set for msc and maybe it needs to be synced in mtp for the playlists to actually show up? I'm not sure of this so I deleted all music from my cowon and am re-syncing. I used media monkey as well and it's always done a marvelous job of syncing my files on every mp3 player I've used so this one would be a first if my playlists don't show up. As soon as it finishes syncing I'll post an update.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Ok, this is really driving me crazy. I've had three mp3 players in my lifetime and copying playlists via media monkey has never been an issue. I'm guessing this problem goes to the core of the actual s9 itself. I can see all of my playlists on the device via windows explorer. However, if I'm holding the device and click on playlists there is nothing showing. Could this have anything to do with Claw's uci or something not enabled? If not, has anyone else found an "easy" way to fix this? Going to the device and creating playlists within media monkey and then sending them to the pc seems a bit extreme and unnecessary. Has anyone else found a way to sync playlists successfully?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM

I've got my S9 set on MTP mode for sync with Media Monkey & only change to MSC if I want to browse as an external drive with Windows. I don't have Claw's uci installed. I have noticed that Media monkey had created a playlist of accessible tracks including 2559 tracks, only 400 have shown up in the S9 playlist, maybe this is the maximum amount of tracks that can be synced in one playlist? Otherwise all is working great.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:37 AM

Wayne, I've never had trouble with a device creating playlists before in my lifetime of owning an mp3 player. This is clearly an issue that Cowon needs to resolve as it's been going on for awhile. I did a web search on this issue and it is a well known "sore" for Cowon. Why they would create such an extraordinary player like the S9 and not take care of a simple thing like playlists is beyond me. It is not supposed to take a rocket scientist to automatically copy playlists from your media software to the s9. I use Media Monkey and have used it for two previous Samsungs and an Iriver. Funny thing is that I emailed cowon about this issue and got an email telling me they are aware of the problem and hope to resolve it in a future update. Hmm, I wonder how long this problem has been around? Anyone?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark01 View Post
My music files are arranged on my computer hard drive in folders by artist>album>song , i'm using FW 2.51 in my player and in MSC mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark01 View Post
Just remember that you want to select music from the S9 and NOT your hard drive Music Library to drag into your playlist , as the playlists will need a drive letter and folder structure for the S9 and not your hard drive.
Mark01, just curious. Why did you mention the music on your computer hard drive if we have to select music from the S9? (I got a bit confused.)

I attempted to create a playlist by selecting music from the J3. Then I followed your instructions. The playlist shows up in the playlist folder on the J3 but the songs do not. However, when I connect the player to the computer, right-click on the playlist and select the play in Media Monkey option, the playlist plays with no problem. (Oh, and I'm in MSC mode.)

This works on the S9! (Although I was only able to create one playlist.) Thank you. I'm surprised it didn't work on the J3. Maybe a firmware problem?

Creative MuVo TX FM | MPIO One | Sansa Clip | iAudio 6 | Cowon D2 (2) | S9 | J3

Last edited by Mp3UndergroundFan; 06-26-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Sorry for the late reply,have not been to this forum lateley.
Quote:
Mark01, just curious. Why did you mention the music on your computer hard drive if we have to select music from the S9? (I got a bit confused.)
Correct you don't need the music files on your computer hard drive to make the playlist,I just wanted to mention the file structure I have on the hard drive is the same way as on my Cowon S9.

I'm not sure why this won't work in your J3 ,but i've found a small bug in Media Monkey that causes the songs not to show up using the method i've described in my post.

To correct this follow these updated instructions for the saving part of the playlist file.

The last step is to export the playlist you just made by right clicking the playlist and choosing send to>export as .m3u file and navigating to the playlist folder in your Cowon S9 player and saving it in the playlist folder on the S9,you should also name the file before saving it*Rename that file to a different name than the playlist you've made in Media Monkey.Example if the playlist you made in MM is called "list" when you do the saving part to the S9 rename to "listone" and save I found numerous times when I save using the same name as my playlist in MM the songs will not show up in the playlist but this method works fine for me.

Safely remove the device and the playlist should now be saved in the playlist folder.

Hope this helps

Old 09-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Mark01's method worked for me. Thanks. Before using his method, I was having problems with some playlists I made for OGG files that wouldn't show up when using tag and rename or mp3 tag.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:44 PM

I also use Media Monkey to make playlists for my S9

Easy as pie

Send to> .m3u Playlist> Desktop

then rename it and copy and paste to S9 directory

Old 12-27-2010, 01:54 PM

While connected to my PC in MTP mode I can just right click a music file, create new playlist, rename playlist to whatever I want, then drag and drop other songs to it. After disconnecting from PC I can still see and use the playlist whether in MTP or MSC mode. Easy as hell.

Doug

Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM

Yeah Dug you can manually create playlists but they're all limited to around 400 songs. So, not only do we have to jump up and down while holding our breath to create playlists we still have limitation issues. Cowon is the only company that i know of that has no support for playlists. This is the one feature that should be basic and a $50 player can sync playlists with no assistance from the user. Seriously, this device would never pass the Mom test.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:55 PM

Using the method I posted above I have created a playlist called "Blues" but there are two songs on it I want to delete. I cannot see the playlist or any playlist folder in Windows Explorer on the S9. (In MTP mode) I can see and play the playlist just fine while listening to the device. Is there any way from within the S9 to delete songs or songs in a playlist??

Tags
cowon, playlist