android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halohalo View Post
I am little bit late in this thread.
Memory card is not integrated by design and I like it this way.
It is very obvious - why,however it is unmentionable.Let's say you go to Jakarta,China Town in KualaLumpur or any DigitalPlaza in China;in Jakarta for 1(one)buck I will get 3(three) pcs of CD/DVD with mp3 compilation,some places - just one for one buck.I buy quite a lot of CDs in HMV or PowerMusic but I never download.Why to waste time downloading if I can have tons of music on dvd compilations?These compilations are not perfect,it is a mess mostly(no tags,no titles etc.);so I keep them on sd cards -capito?
it is so simple...
If you integrate - you will have,say,368 "unknown" items or 129 "track 1"
items;I think,now you understand.
X-Fi helps to improve sound of not so perfect mp3 compilations.
In this way I try all kind of music,if I like something very much - I go to
PowerMusic/HMV or Amazon and I buy cd.
Go for next holiday to Bali - you will see all this yourself.
There are more then 200 million people in Indonesia,more then 1000 million in India,how many in China?
I was looking desparatly for US version of "Ponyo By The Cliff" japanese cartooon;
I have found it in upmarket shop in HyattHotel,price:50 bucks(imported DVD,not BD) so you see:30 cents on one side,50 dollars on the other
what would you take?They take 30 cents.And they need players like Zen.
Uh, WHAT?!?!?! That post makes no sense at all, but creative not integrating the sd card into the players memory makes this POS a ***FAIL***

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2010, 01:01 PM

He's saying it makes sense for him because he buys a lot of digital music with poor or no tag information. Of course, he could just use one of many helpful programs to update the tag information for him....

Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 PM

Default Memory Cards in music devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybeast View Post
Aloha,

I wonder if someone might be kind enough to refresh my memory regarding memory (SD type, that is). Do any current mP3 players integrate an SD/SD micro?

Cheers,
There is plenty of players on the market with memory card and most are not integrated.I know few of Samsung:R0,R1 and CP3 with microSD;there is seperate icon in the menu - for microSD.Most multimedia handphones have usually microSD even those very simple like my old Motorola K1.
SonyPSP - kind of mp3player - have memory card.
All Korean brands provide memory slot:Cowon,Iriver,Samsung,Hyundai.
Other brands? - Aigo,Ainol,Boss,Cube,Guamei,Ramos,Vendi,Phillips,T eclast,Onda,Pentagram,and many others - not integrated(by choice,not by omission).
The only player with good card integration is:CowonD2.
You will find SD cards in GPS devices with mp3;dvd players(they can even ripp audio cd's straight to SD);photo-frames with mp3;and in... car radio's.
You have plenty of reason to buy some SD cards if you listen to mp3 music.And you can use them also for purpose they have been created:
shooting photos.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

just use creative zen x-fi2 for a few days, i feel that the memory card is epic fail. Even though my samsung DAP and memory card are not integrated, at least doesnt have a few bugs like zen x-fi2 do, the memory card of my x-fi2 cannot read wav (but can read mp3, i dont know what is the problem, when you put the wav file into the internal storage , the player can read it), secondly , the player need to rebuild the library of memory card everytime you shut down the player and access the memory card again, thirdly, when i insert my memory card, it said that i need to left some space of my memory card (i dont know how many mb exactly for unknown reason). The Samsung is fail, but the Creative zen x-fi2 is epic fail.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halohalo View Post
The only player with good card integration is:CowonD2.
*cough*Sansa*cough*

Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Well...it is actually integrated....at least to some extent. At least more than previous ZEN players.

This time both the computer and some functions for the player work on the memory card...which is a step forward...

I have yet to find out if playlists work though...

Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 PM

Default Confused about microSD integration

Hi,

I've heard conflicting stories about microSD integration for this player. Does the memory integrate, or is it really used just to move data from card to on board storage?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:00 AM

My experience with the latest firmware is: you can play songs, or view pictures or videos directly from a microSD card without importing them to the player first. (You can also import files from a card to the internal memory.)

However, the player keeps a separate database of the music, pictures and videos it finds on the microSD card itself, and does not integrate that with the database of such files installed to the player's internal memory (unless you import them, of course).

So, for example, suppose I have a song let's say "Let It Be" in the internal memory, but "Yellow Submarine" is on the microSD card. To play "Yellow Submarine" I need to navigate to the microSD card from the main menu first; if I look up songs by The Beatles without going to the microSD card the player will list "Let It Be", but not "Yellow Submarine".

Hope that's clear.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:38 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Tags
creative, microsd, x-fi2, zen