android
Old 02-28-2011, 11:57 PM

Default Q3 problems with mac

Hello

I will preface this post by saying that I am not particularly computer savvy thus answers that may be common knowledge to many on this forum may not be for me. However, I am not completely useless, thus if provided with some basic guidance I am usually able to attend to problems I am having.

That being said I purchased the Q3 as I am just starting my year long contract in Korea and need a player that will last me while I travel. I am operating with a macbook but decided to avoid purchasing an ipod as those who live in Korea know Apple products are even more overpriced than they are in North America.

After charging my new player I experienced problems ejecting it. Also when I tried to turn it on a "No space for DB" message appeared. Upon searching for a solution for this problem I found that many others had also experienced this problem with previous Samsung players and I was led here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ighlight=space

I followed the instructions given but alas the problem is still occurring. I would format the drive as per suggested, however the device is no longer showing up on my computer(it is listed when I launch disk utility so is clearly being recognized but I really cannot find it otherwise)

Can anyone shed any light on how I can reach a solution? Or have I foolishly purchased a player that isn't compatible with my bloody computer meaning that I just wasted 150 on a block of plastic?( if this is true in my defense I assumed that given the popularity that apple has gained in the past 5 years I believed that it would simply be good business sense to release a product that had multi platform compatibility!?!??)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Samsung Moderator

You should not blame Samsung for that issue but rather blame Apple (I know it is hard for many Mac users)

The Q3 fully supports the MSC protocol so it is theorically compatible with any OS.
Mac OS is infamous for creating garbages files on many mp3 players so it is responsible for this issue.

If it is doesn't work on your Mac computer, try to format it on a Windows computer.