android
Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 AM

Default question on j3's battery life?

Im planning to replace my Sony NWZ-S516 4gb after 3-4years(I suppose) with a Cowon J3(32GB). After reading all the good sides of it here and being the most recommended player yet having almost every feature I need in a mp3 player. But before buying it, I did more research about the j3. And saw on a lot of other sites, they had battery problems with the j3, of not being able to withstand the 64hours non-stop audio playback as advertised. And that the 32GB has more of these battery life problems than the 16GBs.. So well, I'm just asking here to make sure majority of j3 users here are not having this problem before I get the player. I did do a search on this one on the site, still.. Some say they have this problems, some not.. So I don't know, plus most of those threads or posts are posted last year, so maybe cowon had fixed this problem, idk.. So yeah, mind giving some response to this? Thanks in advance..

Tim

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 AM

I've found the battery life of the J3 to be "100% adequate", which really means "effectively infinite".

I've played it constantly on a 8-hour trip in my car, which is the longest single stretch I've used it for.

There's simply never a time where I can't plug it in for a re-charge at night when I'm sleeping, so even if you play it for 18 hours straight it can be recharged by the time you wake up from sleeping.

So why is 64 hours really critical? Would you actually ever need to go for days without recharging it?

Buy an AC USB adapter charger, for those times you won't be near a computer for some extended period.

Actually, I use battery life at the maximum consumption rate, because I enjoy looking at album art when music is playing. So I've disabled "power save" mode for the screen. With the screen active 100% of the time it uses power at the highest rate. But still, even at this max usage rate my music listening time per day would still let it go for days without a recharge. But there's nothing to prevent me from recharging it overnight, just like I plug in my cell phone in the charger overnight as a general practice.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM

ok.. nuff said! your post totally convinced me to buy the j3.. I'm getting it this weekend.. lol.