android
Old 03-01-2011, 09:26 PM

Default Messed up Zune [SOLVED]

OK so just a few hours ago, my Zune would stop connecting to the internet. and if i just opened up the browser, the screen would stay completely black and unusable unless i exited the browser or restarted the zune. Now it would not connect to the Zune software until i restarted it (no i had not been playing an third party apps). Then the zune software froze and would not sync or recognize it, but the Zune showed "Connected". Then i had to force quit the software but the Zune kept showing "Connected". I disconnected the cable and the screen stayed the same until i restarted it. It still will not connect to the internet or show up the internet screen and i have yet to attempt to sync it again.

any ideas?

Ok so i tried it again. it would show up on the Zune software but it would say "connect device to sync and for more options"
or something like that. I went to device settings and it showed info but after i disconnected it, it will no longer recognize it. The Zune itself still says connected.

Please help :// I could cry. That's how much i love my Zune.

edit: I guess i have to reset the device. Someone on Zuneboards has had the same problem twice. This sucks

Last edited by Machiventa; 03-02-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Your firmware is probably corrupted. You should try to reinstall it.

- Press and hold the power button until the device restarts (about 10 seconds)
- One it starts to restart, press and hold the media button on the side of the device (the one that brings up the volume)
- Once it says CONNECT ZUNE TO YOUR PC, do so, and your firmware should be reinstalled.

Tell me if that helps.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 PM

i reinstalled the firmware and it didnt work. I did that twice. So i just had to reset the whole device. It's working now but its going to take days to get a longggg time to get everything back to normal