android
Old 02-11-2011, 05:26 AM

Default Custom TF10's Deteriorate SQ

I got my TF10's back when they had that $99 sale on Amazon and they just recently broke. The plug has to be angled a certain way for music to play, but nothing seems to be wrong with the earphones themselves. I read on head-fi a while back that custom-molding the TF10's significantly changed the sound signature as the custom-molding is not the intended housing for the drivers, thus, sound quality will not be as good from the custom-molded TF10's as the sound quality from the universal fit TF10's. Can anyone refute this claim? Should I go ahead and custom-mold my TF10's?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-11-2011, 10:16 AM

I do not know about customs and how they change the sound, but it sounds to me like your cable just gave out. You could always just buy a new cable from UE or another compatible one and replace it if you do not want to take the custom route.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5r2an View Post
I got my TF10's back when they had that $99 sale on Amazon and they just recently broke. The plug has to be angled a certain way for music to play, but nothing seems to be wrong with the earphones themselves. I read on head-fi a while back that custom-molding the TF10's significantly changed the sound signature as the custom-molding is not the intended housing for the drivers, thus, sound quality will not be as good from the custom-molded TF10's as the sound quality from the universal fit TF10's. Can anyone refute this claim? Should I go ahead and custom-mold my TF10's?
the majority of users who converted a universal into a custom tend to agree that the sound did improve slightly. though it really depends on a lot of factors such as fit, the condition of the components after the conversion, and how well the frequency range was matched to the original.