android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Default Need some Help Zune Software vs WMP/WMC and large library's

Here's the problem I have been having Im wondering if anyone knows of a fix or work arround here is my setup and problem.

I have a WHS 2008 box that has all of my Music about 150,000 songs

On my local pc's I use 1 touchsmart & 3 laptops I have Zune software installed and it finds the music on the WHS fine. (touchsmart is where i primarly add album art using the Zune software)

I have dedicated WMC pc on a TV (doesnt have a keyboard or mouse) which does not have Zune software installed and just handles recording tv, playing music and netflix

2 xbox 360's that act as MCE

here is where the problem starts

what has been happening is that Zune will update the albums to the way I like but as soon as I open WMC's music or through MCE's it starts reupdating and screwing everything up and I wind up with albums without covers, unknown artists and then when I open the Zune software back up it take forever because it re updates everything.

I have tried turning off WMC looking for more info but it doesnt seem to work (I think it might have something to do with MCE's having a seperate user account)

Anyone have any ideas its getting kinda frustrating because when im home I would rather use the WMC (because of the large stereo on it)

Mods sorry for posting here (I thought I was in the Zune Software thread)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM

I'll leave this thread here since hardly anyone goes into the software forum but honestly you're better off posting this in the official Zune forums. There's tons of traffic there with lots of knowledgeable people helping out. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...S/zune/threads