android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 AM

Default Walkman x-1060 Super slow

My sony Walkman NWZ X1060 of 32GB has been a very good player for about 1.5 years of being used.... It's lightning fast and very cool interface, and the best of all BEST SOUND QUALITY for classical music.

Recently I decided to put in it 25,538 Pictures ~1.13GB and it took ages to transfer them (Sony Content transfer is what i use).

To my surprise to build the Library took ages about 1 minute or so when normally took almost nothing EVEN when full of music ~6,000 files (I use MP3 @ 192 kbps, Fraunhofer CBR)

When I browse Music it takes a while to refresh album art, even when I press a "touch" button it lags to paint in glowing orange and response, menus are too slow to appear.

In the pictures folder works normally, fast as usual. In the videos is the Worst part, they play well, but when i happen to browse for a new vid in the list, OMG it takes up to 2 minutes to refresh the names, thumbs in the list. Normally it took nothing to do this refresh

Now the super turtle slow part is when i transfer new content via PC (Sony CT for walkman)it Takes ages, yes ages, to show the amount of content you have on it.. when i press one of the Buttons to show the "Delete content [music, vids, pics] dialog) it takes about 5 minutes to build the list, then another 5 to 8 minutes to start deleting the content.

What kind of slow processor sony uses, pentium -0.0005? also as always sony USB transfer is slow, wish they had outed a eSata walkman

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]