Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 AM
WalkGood's Avatar
WalkGood WalkGood is offline
Ultra Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 12,577

Originally Posted by JxK View Post
Does anyone have a good working definition for "texture"? I've heard the word used quite a bit around here and headfi, and never truly got what it meant. Same with "layered" sound. Thoughts?
There is a wiki definition for "texture" here which is most probable what is being referenced but I like the definition here better, even though I doubt it's what anyone refers to when they use the word "texture."

I didn’t find anything good on “layered” sound, I always thought of it in terms of the art of recording/mixing; layering the sound tracks to get a better sound. I did find this which refers to “how many layers of sound there are in the composition and what the relationships of those sounds to each other are.” So it’s possible that people use it to describe how well their headphones/iem’s allow them to notice the layers.

* I haven't added till we can get a consensus

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 02-19-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote


headphone sound, iem sound, music sounds, sound definition, sound description, speaker sound

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.