android
Old 02-16-2011, 07:22 AM

Cool Please help me choose earbuds for my Clip+

Hi,

I am from the UK so some of the reccomendations from http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=61167 are not helping, that guys seems to be in my exact same boat.

I have a budget of about £20 - all I am looking for is a nice pair to improve upon the ones which came with my Sansa Clip+

I bought the CX300 Precision II - it was too late when I realised no matter what I did they would not fit in my ears to get the sound they were supposed to, and I have tried, and tried and TRIED some more, using all 3 sizes.

The supplied phones which came with my clip+ are OK, but if there is something a bit better, that would be great, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2011, 09:01 AM

What kind of sound do you like in a earphone, do you like a lot of bass or something more balanced? Not sure you really have a lot of choice in that price range, but it never hurts to ask. Also what kind of music do you listen to?

For clarification, you are asking for a earbud, not an IEM correct? For what it is worth, you might want to consider buying some different tips and trying to get a better fit with your CX300 rather than buying a whole new earphone.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnhardwick View Post
What kind of sound do you like in a earphone, do you like a lot of bass or something more balanced? Not sure you really have a lot of choice in that price range, but it never hurts to ask. Also what kind of music do you listen to?

For clarification, you are asking for a earbud, not an IEM correct? For what it is worth, you might want to consider buying some different tips and trying to get a better fit with your CX300 rather than buying a whole new earphone.
Yes... I think? there are earbuds right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Gumy-Hea...954192&sr=8-22

Thanks for the reply, and I like a balanced sound, but I tbh am not that fussy, because, for that price, AND limiting myself to eabuds, I CANNOT be fussy, what I was hopeing for, is simply something to replace my standard phones which came with my clip+ with better sound quality.

and I really hate IEM - I have spent days fighting with the CX300 - unable to get any sort of consistent results, my ears must just be shaped wrong.

Where would I find foam thingys in the UK? what would I be looking at? I would be happy to give them a go.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 AM

If you do not mind buying from Ebay, I would recommend Yuin PK3. It is the little brother of the PK2, that the guy in the other thread bought. It can be found on Ebay from around £25. It is a big step up from the standard earbuds.

If you have followed that other thread, Yuin's quality control doesn't seem to be perfect. But both my wife and I have each owned a pair of Yuin PK3 for over 1,5 year, and none of us have had any problems with them. So I am willing to take a chance with Yuin even if their quality control is not the best.

Most faked headphones are made in China, and they usually focus on European and Japanese brands, so I think the chance of getting a fake Yuin is small. Most Chinese do not care about domestic brands.
If you find a seller with 99,5% positive feedback or more, I'd say that the Yuin PK3 is a good option.

EDIT: If you are willing to increase your budget to £60, you can get the Audio Technica CM700BW. I have the CM700TI, which is made from titanium (the BW is made from a aluminum/bronze alloy). These little earbuds have an amazing clear and detailed sound. I bought the last pair of CM700TI from that place and I can recommend them.
A while ago, a UK based online store sold the CM700BW for £29.99. That's an incredible price for the CM700. Even at £59.99, they are worth the price. So if you are prepared to spend some more money, you will get a very good set of earbuds. Also the CM700BW is discontinued and is getting increasingly difficult to find (except on Ebay, where both the real thing and Chinese fakes pop up once in a while).

EDIT 2: At iHeadphones, they also have Sennheiser earbuds. The MX470/471 and the MX580/581 might be within your budget (the 470/580 are slightly bigger than the 471/581. So if your ears are a bit small, the 471/581 might be a better fit.)
DAP collection:Cowon S9; Cowon X5V; Creative Zen Vision M; Creative Zen Touch; iRiver H120; JVC XA-HD500; Kenwood HD20GA7; Rio Carbon; Rio Karma; Samsung YH-J70; Sansa Clip+; Sansa View; Sony HD5; Toshiba Gigabeat F20
Earphones:too many to mention...

Last edited by Danneq; 02-17-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 AM

I do not really know much about earbuds, but maybe this will help.