android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Heya Marv. r26906 looks like its from June 18 2010. RB 3.7.1 looks like Nov 26, 2010 so yes, my build pre-dates 3.7.1 by quite a lot.

I did grab the latest RB Utility though to install on this new laptop.

So I gather I might not be able to as in past simply unzip the r29305 build .rockbox folder and copy/overwriting my existing install on the Fuze?

EDIT:
Thanks a ton skip252. Actually, yes, I did run chkdsk and some files did appear to be corrupted somehow [about 10, mostly WPS screen files it seemed, along with a couple .jpg album art pics]. I allowed chkdsk to correct to no avail. This corruption in itself is kinda odd as well in that issues suddenly cropped up as I do actually run chkdsk on my Fuze approximately 1 every 4-6 weeks as part of my overall PC maintenance and no issues at all have cropped up before.

I did notice the metadata logging and activated it - sadly I have already dumped that .rockbox folder and rolled back so that log is gone.

However, if I have a chance, I will certainly try again, possibly this weekend - if the issue persists I will indeed file a bug report.

Though now that I think about it a little, if there are issues with my tags, wouldn't my old build also choke? As of right now, build r26906 is back and everything is 100% again, no issues at all with the DB.

Still, I wonder if Marv's angle might have something to do with it, that my build predates RB 3.7.1?
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 02-14-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Tags
embedded art, jpeg, rockbox, tags