android
Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 AM

Default how to add cover art for songs

I tried to add cover art into songs, so it will show the cover when play any song, but I don't know how. Some of the songs just have those cover arts that it import from somewhere I have no idea where it comes from.
Could any of you tell me how to import in to my Sony mp3 player X1061 (32gig) cover art of the songs. I change those scan cover art to "folder.jpg" and it shows on the Windows Media Player 11, but when importing to the Sony X1061, though those cover arts (folder.jpg) are there but it won't show.
Please help. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Banned

WMP isn't very good with album art.

The best way is to tag all your music with a program like Mp3tag: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

It's free and it will take a bit of time, but it's worth it.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:16 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I will see if it works, will post if I have any question. Thanks

Old 02-05-2011, 03:02 PM

"Nodirectionhome" would you mind explaining to me how to integrate a cover art into a song? I did save under File, then save tag, then import into Sony X1061, then I play, still does not work it still show the Sony logo, not the cover art.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:05 PM

by the way what fie name should I save for the cover art? right now it is "folder.jpg". When I play under WMP, should I change to the file that Sony MP3 will recognize?
Thanks for any help.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:06 PM

I already foud how to integrate the cover art, thanks.
By the way do you know how to set the name of the song? For example the song title is: "HOw can you mend a broken heart" On the display it only shows "How can you mend..." normally it will scroll the whole song so you know what is the title, but this X1061 never scroll, how can I set the title to scroll, or is this model does not have this feature? Thanks

Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Hey, I believe the Sony X series also uses ID3 tags for displaying song info. Use something like mp3tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ to verify your song names are correct.

This is the first thing I would do to track down the problem.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagiai2000 View Post
I already foud how to integrate the cover art, thanks.
By the way do you know how to set the name of the song? For example the song title is: "HOw can you mend a broken heart" On the display it only shows "How can you mend..." normally it will scroll the whole song so you know what is the title, but this X1061 never scroll, how can I set the title to scroll, or is this model does not have this feature? Thanks
Based on my experience with my own player (an NWZ-1051), it doesn't scroll the information. However, it is possible to see all of the information by going to the Detailed Information from the Music Option menu (it's the second item from the bottom of the list). This screen provides a great deal of information on each song, and provides the complete entry for each item (title, album, artist).

I agree that the lack of scrolling is a bit of an annoyance. Another disappointment is the small size of the some of the screen text and items. The text size of many of the items (track number/total number of tracks, current time and total time, and some of the icons) are smaller than they need to be. Considering the size of the screen, they could have been made larger.

However, the interface for the NWZ-X10XX series does have some improvements over that of the older Sony players. As an example, when it shows a list of songs it also shows the artist's name, making it easier to identify which song is which when more than one song has the same name. It is the same with the album list, which now shows the album artist's name in addition to the name of the album.

On the subject of album art, I've found that embedding it in the ID3 tag is the best way to handle it. One thing to mention about embedding the album art: I use MediaMonkey to embed the album art into the tag, and when I do this I make sure the image type is "Cover (front)" and that there is only one image in the tag. It is possible to embed multiple images in the tag and this may cause problems when displaying album art. There are also many different image types available, including: Cover (back), Band, Conductor, Leaflet Page, and Not specified.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 02-08-2011, 01:44 PM

Am I crazy or you can't get artwork in WAV files?

Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ No. My own understanding is that WAV does not support album art metatagging.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies